ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genelec 1236A vs Meyer Bluehorn  (Read 579 times)

Mario Pollio

Genelec 1236A vs Meyer Bluehorn
« on: August 20, 2022, 01:17:54 PM »

Curious to hear from those that are familiar with both. I know that's probably a big-time rarity.

I'm very much into home theater, but I use pro audio equipment for my personal theater room. Currently own JBL M2's with Crown I-tech amps. Also use JBL 5628 subs and an SSW-2 in the rear of the room along with SCL-4 speakers for surrounds. I'm very happy with my set up, but still often think about other options. Can't talk much about this equipment in home theater groups because most of them have no idea about any of this stuff.

If you had a theater room the size of Rob Hahns theater (34' x 28' x 16'), and you had to choose between either the Meyer Bluehorn set up, or Genelec 1236a's, which would you choose and why? Both are interesting to me, but it's rare to hear from people that have even heard them, never mind own them.

Here's the Genelecs

GeneLink

And the Meyer Bluehorns

MeyerLink
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 01:49:56 PM by Mac Kerr »

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Genelec 1236A vs Meyer Bluehorn
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 03:03:41 PM »

Find some hifi forum for this discussion.

Curious to hear from those that are familiar with both. I know that's probably a big-time rarity.

I'm very much into home theater, but I use pro audio equipment for my personal theater room. Currently own JBL M2's with Crown I-tech amps. Also use JBL 5628 subs and an SSW-2 in the rear of the room along with SCL-4 speakers for surrounds. I'm very happy with my set up, but still often think about other options. Can't talk much about this equipment in home theater groups because most of them have no idea about any of this stuff.

If you had a theater room the size of Rob Hahns theater (34' x 28' x 16'), and you had to choose between either the Meyer Bluehorn set up, or Genelec 1236a's, which would you choose and why? Both are interesting to me, but it's rare to hear from people that have even heard them, never mind own them.

Here's the Genelecs

GeneLink

And the Meyer Bluehorns

MeyerLink
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Genelec 1236A vs Meyer Bluehorn
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 03:03:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.