ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha EMX 5000-20 Issue  (Read 746 times)

Tim D. King

Yamaha EMX 5000-20 Issue
« on: August 13, 2022, 12:09:16 PM »

Hello all and so glad I found this place!  Pardon me if I'm asking in the wrong spot...

I have purchased a used Yamaha EMX 5000-20. It has seen some use but other than a couple of missing sliders, it looks like it was cared for pretty well. I should say, everything works EXCEPT, the Effects.

Each channel has an on/off push button with an indicator light. Each channel the button depresses, you can feel a click and the "ON" indicator light comes on and you and let the button go and it stays pressed in. Repeat this process and the button clicks, light goes off and the returns to its unpressed state.

Well none of this happens with either of the two effects selector buttons. I hope there is something simple I am missing.

I find it hard to believe that BOTH effects channels would suffer the same defect or be broken the same way when NONE of the other "on/off" buttons on this board have.

Please, you all seem to be my only hope here.

Thank you all for your time and I look forward to hearing from you,
T.D.

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
Re: Yamaha EMX 5000-20 Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 01:13:47 PM »

Are the effects turned on in the effects section?  Each on has an on button with an indicator light next to it.  I'm guessing if they are not on, the effects lights in each channel will also not come on. I also suspect that the effects buttons are momentary switches and not latching like the other buttons.  See page nine in the manual:

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/5/333565/EMX5000E.pdf
This space for rent

Tim D. King

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 09:46:52 AM »

Are the effects turned on in the effects section?  Each on has an on button with an indicator light next to it.  I'm guessing if they are not on, the effects lights in each channel will also not come on. I also suspect that the effects buttons are momentary switches and not latching like the other buttons.  See page nine in the manual:

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/5/333565/EMX5000E.pdf

That is the very thing I am posting about.

I push the Effects 1 "ON" button, it depresses but nothing happens, goes down and then returns to its prepressed position. If its a momentary switch, that might explain the buttons lack of "click" when it engages. However, the lights never comes on. I thought maybe the lights were burned out but there are no noticeable changes when I press the buttons that would indicate the effects are activate.  Also, to be clear, even if I hold one of the effects buttons pressed in, no light comes on.

I was hoping it was just something that was a stupid user error thing...something I could fix with a slap to the head and a 'DOH!' but its looking more and more like the switches or worse.

Tim D. King

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 05:17:14 PM »

Nothing else? No other ideas?  I guess both switches failed the same way...

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 02:16:44 PM »

Nothing else? No other ideas?  I guess both switches failed the same way...

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 02:16:44 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.