ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radian APEX-1200 monitor wedge package (6x w/ cases)  (Read 512 times)

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
Radian APEX-1200 monitor wedge package (6x w/ cases)
« on: August 19, 2022, 09:45:46 AM »

For sale is a package of 6x Radian APEX-1200 professional 12" 2-way coaxial stage monitors. Also includes two road cases.

The APEX-1200 is the predecessor to the Radian/EAW "MicroWedge." Can be run passive or bi-amped. NL4 input and pass through connectors on each box. Super solid 3/4" 13 ply baltic birch cabinets. 80Hz-17kHz, 99dB sensitivity, 90 degree nominal dispersion, 500 watt RMS power handling, 8 ohms (passive).

All speakers have been tested and are in good working condition. The speakers all work well, however when running pink noise through them, they all have slight variations in tonality from one another. Nothing major, but noticeable to the trained ear when running pink noise. I was told by Radian that this is due to minor revisions/changes in the x-over network throughout the manufacturing history of this box.

Our company bought these used from another production company in 2015, so I don't know their history prior to that, but I do know we have taken good care of them and have never abused them or blown any drivers. They've been rock solid, consistent performers. The minor tonal differences were never an issue for our applications (stage monitors for a small regional sound provider on club shows, local bands, small festival stages, etc.) but I want to be transparent with any potential buyers. The only other issue they have ever given us is the bi-amp/passive switch needs cleaning from time to time as the contacts will get corroded from the switch not being used (we always ran them passive) and the cabinet won't pass HF until you toggle the switch a few times to clean the contacts. I bathed the switches in De-oxit prior to listing.

As you'll see in the pictures, all but one cabinet is missing the Radian name plate, however the cabinets are otherwise in quite excellent condition for their age.

One case is an open trunk w/ hinged lid style that will fit four speakers, the other is a custom molded pullover case that holds two units. The cases are definitely used and show signs of wear and tear, but they protect the cabinets and roll easily. Very usable, just not the prettiest.

No amplifiers included in this package.

Sold "as-is," no warranty. Buyer to arrange pick-up or freight from Springfield, Missouri.

Message me if interested and I will send pictures and any additional info you want via email.

ProSoundWeb Community

Radian APEX-1200 monitor wedge package (6x w/ cases)
« on: August 19, 2022, 09:45:46 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.