ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Analog mixer Post Fader aux auxiliary out query  (Read 1706 times)

Mike Tinsley

Analog mixer Post Fader aux auxiliary out query
« on: August 15, 2022, 12:43:45 PM »

Analog mixer Post Fader aux auxiliary out query. Doing some small shows with the band
that don't require the digital mixer we have. Simple set up and go. Yamaha MG16XU
I'm running seems to have only two aux outs independent of post fader limitation.
Aux 4 is also FX send which also a deal breaker. Aux 3 and 4 outputs are controlled
by channel strip faders which is an issue especially w IEM config I'm setting up.
Thinking I will sell this non-live mixer. Looking for an affordable 16 ch
(12 mic pre's) with min Four Independent Aux Outs. Suggestions or redirect. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 01:06:20 PM by Mike Tinsley »

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
Re: Analog mixer Post Fader aux auxiliary out query
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 01:32:18 PM »

How could you get more simple than XR18 or MR18 (or the smaller versions)? Small footprint, easy connections, more independent auxes than you need, waaaay more outboard flexibility and capability built in to *each channel*, economical price point. IMHO better in every single way, this is the beauty and genius of the digital mixers. I use one for solo and duo and small band gigs and am never going back to analog, why would I? I’m not a digital mixer snob or meaning to be critical, just why would I type on a typewriter when I have a laptop available?
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Thomas Le

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 01:47:37 PM »

Any digital mixer can accommodate your aux requirements. Sell that yamaha.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 02:21:48 PM »

I agree with Robert and Thomas.... years ago the 'go to' analog weekend warrior board for live work offering 4 monitor auxes and even basic FX was the Allen & Heath Mixwiz - which I owned and they still make.  Great mixer back then but for much LESS money you could pick up a nice little digital board offering SO MUCH more than you are even asking for.
I had a XR18 at one point and it is so easy to use and even with a tablet would cost less than a decent analog board probably. Throw in the cost of the outboard gear - EQ, FX, Comp etc and a digital board would be significantly less.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 03:39:34 PM »

{...} Looking for an affordable 16 ch (12 mic pre's) with min Four Independent Aux Outs. Suggestions or redirect. Thanks.

I agree 100% with everyone on the "just go digital" answer. The only current analogue mixers I know of that fit your requirements are the Soundcraft GB2(R) 16 and the Allen & Heath MixWizard WZ4 16:2, both of which cost somewhere between twice and three times what an XR18 will run you.

-Russ
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 04:12:19 PM by Russell Ault »

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 03:42:05 PM »

Looking for an affordable 16 ch (12 mic pre's) with min Four Independent Aux Outs. Suggestions or redirect. Thanks.
The Soundcraft LX7ii with 6 aux sends and 16mic preamps may be as affordable in analog as you will find decent and new. Around $1290 compared to the A&H MixWiz at $1800.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 04:12:04 PM »

The Soundcraft LX7ii with 6 aux sends and 16mic preamps may be as affordable in analog as you will find decent and new. Around $1290 compared to the A&H MixWiz at $1800.

That's not much less than I'm seeing online for the GB2R 16 (assuming you can find one, that is)...

...and it's still twice the price of an XR18...

-Russ

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 05:42:55 PM »

That's not much less than I'm seeing online for the GB2R 16 (assuming you can find one, that is)...

...and it's still twice the price of an XR18...

-Russ
And still has zero latency, something to consider with in ear monitors.

Mike Tinsley

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 06:27:08 PM »

Thanks to all for saying what I assumed to be fact. Was looking for a quick 'n dirty route.
I have a Presonus StudioLive 16:4:2 but haven't invested in the Pad, router, etc to go
remote. Plus it's a flight case chunk to carry around. Spoiled being able to reach over
and do stage adjustments on the fly on a control surface. Maybe a Touch Mix 16 would
be the cheap alternative. After Presonus/ Yamaha liquidation. Don't cherish the rack.
Even our IEM's are Pelican loaded.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 06:36:53 PM »

Thanks to all for saying what I assumed to be fact. Was looking for a quick 'n dirty route.
I have a Presonus StudioLive 16:4:2 but haven't invested in the Pad, router, etc to go
remote. Plus it's a flight case chunk to carry around. Spoiled being able to reach over
and do stage adjustments on the fly on a control surface. Maybe a Touch Mix 16 would
be the cheap alternative. After Presonus/ Yamaha liquidation. Don't cherish the rack.
Even our IEM's are Pelican loaded.
Plus with most digitals, you can let the musicians adjust their (and only their) own monitors on a phone app.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 06:36:53 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.