ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Heavy Duty Tripod  (Read 3890 times)

John Schalk

Re: Heavy Duty Tripod
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 08:34:53 AM »

I have not used a Dt3800 I see in the specs it is 30% less money and supports 176lb vs 220 for the ST-132 which I assume is up market for Global.
At one point I thought I saw a link for the Global Truss "Duratruss" stands under another name, but I can't recall what it was now.  It did make me wonder if Global Truss bought the Duratruss stand design from another company?  I like mine a lot, but they do have some sharp edges to them as another labster pointed out.

Edit to add: The crank does not have a lock on it.  I don't feel that this makes the stand unsafe, but when you go to lift your speaker off of the stand, the insert "comes with" the speaker if you don't lift the speaker straight up.  Just something to watch out for.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:38:45 AM by John Schalk »

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2022, 07:54:18 PM »

I think putting a 150 lbs speaker on a tripod-style stand is a really bad idea, considering you need to perform a 6 ft high dead lift.  The tripod *may* be sufficiently butch to hold the speaker, but... getting it up there is where people will get hurt and property will get damaged.

+1  This is an application for box truss and ballasted base plates. 

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2022, 02:29:57 PM »

Ultimate Support -  the TS series. They make a lighting stand that is very solid and a version with a leveling leg which is handy. Both gas assist. ( I like using them on my own and have folks look at me in amazement - LOL) TS110B and TS110BL.
They all offer a Telelock series that isn't gas assist but has a locking function to help with raising and lowering.

Also Hercules offer lighting stands that are crazy stable but a little heavy - LS700. I have 4 of these also.

A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2022, 02:29:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.