ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help/Recommendations-Please  (Read 2258 times)

Jonathan Lewis 1

Need Help/Recommendations-Please
« on: August 06, 2022, 08:30:33 PM »

I operate a non-profit that focuses on community events and schools to prevent substance use. I have quite a bit of experience with audio and video systems, but lack in some areas. I am setting up a small outdoor system for school and community events. I need recommendations for a few pieces of equipment to complete our system.

What we have:
JBL SRX 15" PA Speakers Qa. 6
Crown Amps for PA Speakers
Small Mixer

What I need help with:
We have four JBL SRX818S Subwoofers.
I need recommendations for two Amps for Subs (1 amp per 2 subs)
I need recommendations for either a new small mixer (12 channel or less) and/or a processor to send the appropriate mix to the PA Speakers and appropriate mix to Subs. Also might be interested in a processor that I could set slight delays in the event of speakers not being clustered together but at different locations for certain events.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Need Help/Recommendations-Please
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 08:48:24 PM »

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I operate a non-profit that focuses on community events and schools to prevent substance use. I have quite a bit of experience with audio and video systems, but lack in some areas. I am setting up a small outdoor system for school and community events. I need recommendations for a few pieces of equipment to complete our system.

What we have:
Small Mixer

What I need help with:
I need recommendations for either a new small mixer (12 channel or less) and/or a processor to send the appropriate mix to the PA Speakers and appropriate mix to Subs. Also might be interested in a processor that I could set slight delays in the event of speakers not being clustered together but at different locations for certain events.

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Jonathan Lewis 1

Subwoofer Questions and Processor
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 10:19:54 PM »

What we have:
Small Mixer

What I need help with:

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Re: Subwoofer Questions and Processor
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 06:59:41 PM »

Jonathan,

For a DSP processor that can also do long delays the Behringer DCX2496 does well for the cost.
Has plenty of EQ and limiting options and preset storage to manage any configuration you might end up using.
Their NX6000 power amp also has a good cost/output value, very efficient in use of AC power, and works fine with 4 ohm loads, so if one fails, you could still run the four subs from one amp.

Art

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 11:54:46 PM »

I have a few 2496's the noise floor is a little high and I had to reflow all the solder joints on the XLR card.  Two of them started getting intermiitens after a few trips in the truck.  I just figured they were a little light on the wave solder because I never had an issue again.  It's about a 5 minute job once you get the board out.

On the other end of the spectrum the DBX Venue 360 is a real nice piece.  The software is fantastic, you program it visually from an iPad dropping limiters, compressors, EQ and such where you need it in the signal chain. 

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 11:54:46 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.