ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: One scribble strip (16) is blank.  (Read 3847 times)

David Bigham

One scribble strip (16) is blank.
« on: August 04, 2022, 01:50:42 PM »

We have a Behringer X32 we purchased recently. After arrival and departure of singers/musicians I went on line to learn how to edit the scribble strips to match what it's used for (mic, guitar, etc.) I managed to figure it out after watching several videos. Now input 16 is blank. I've renamed a couple inputs to see if I knew what I was doing and went flawlessly. But 16 shows nothing, no mater what I try. I've done web searches and it seems the most common thought is the source is off. Problem is "source" is nowhere to be found, even after following instructions to a "T". What am I missing??? Please help! Thanks!

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
Re: One scribble strip (16) is blank.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 05:27:08 PM »

We have a Behringer X32 we purchased recently. After arrival and departure of singers/musicians I went on line to learn how to edit the scribble strips to match what it's used for (mic, guitar, etc.) I managed to figure it out after watching several videos. Now input 16 is blank. I've renamed a couple inputs to see if I knew what I was doing and went flawlessly. But 16 shows nothing, no mater what I try. I've done web searches and it seems the most common thought is the source is off. Problem is "source" is nowhere to be found, even after following instructions to a "T". What am I missing??? Please help! Thanks!

Same rules for everyone here: You need to change your DISPLAY name in your user control panel to be your actual name. No one is allowed "handles" here.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 09:50:03 PM »

Is channel 32 blank also?

David Bigham

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 11:25:30 AM »

Is channel 32 blank also?

Yes it is, I never thought to check that. Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 02:22:21 PM »

It may be a problem with the scribble strip panel or the settings that are inhibiting it for displaying anything might be set the same for ch16 and ch32. If you copy your scene from the mixer and upload it here we can take a look and see if it is a setting.

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 03:57:26 PM »

So...one time, I was set to mix the broadcast mix on an X32 for an event. A coworker had built the console file on his computer, and uploaded it to the mixer. Sound check went fine; once that was done, I muted all the DCA's. Event starts, and I unmute the DCA's that were labelled, leaving the one DCA with a blank screen muted. Aaaand...I had no band. Nothing. Jut vocals, and what was bleeding into the vocal mics.

Turns out, at the time, if you set the COLOR of the scribble strip on an X32 to BLACK, the scribble strip will appear blank and unlit. Which is what he had done.  And I did not realize that the blank DCA was actually controlling the ENTIRE BAND.

So, check that.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 04:32:34 PM »

Turns out, at the time, if you set the COLOR of the scribble strip on an X32 to BLACK, the scribble strip will appear blank and unlit. Which is what he had done.  And I did not realize that the blank DCA was actually controlling the ENTIRE BAND.

So, check that.

+1

BLACK scribble setting was my first thought.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Jarrod Schroeder

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 08:32:57 AM »

+1

BLACK scribble setting was my first thought.

Dave

Inverted black (gray) also acts that way I think.

David Bigham

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 05:18:15 PM »

Inverted black (gray) also acts that way I think.

Ok so I am getting more familiar with the board and was checking the color. It will change colors (black, blue, green...) but still have no channel number or name. When I tried black I realized color wasn't "bleeding over" from the adjacent channel scribble strip. So back to drawing board.

David Bigham

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 05:23:17 PM »

I read this at Sweetwater: If a scribble strip on your Behringer X32 has gone blank, the source of the channel will need to be turned back on.

1.  Select the channel with the blank strip
  2.  Navigate to the Home screen
  3.  Tab over to Config
  4.  In the third column, turn the Source from Off to the corresponding channel number

When I got to step 4 I couldn't find where to turn "source" from off back to on.   :o

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 05:23:17 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.