ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ford F-150 PowerBoost as mobile show power?  (Read 3063 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Ford F-150 PowerBoost as mobile show power?
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2022, 02:20:14 PM »

I foresee a whole new conversation on bonding and grounding.  It's one think to plug a cord connected tool into a ruck-a whole different to plug in a bunch of interconnected gear to a power source-especially if that gear is not "generator" mounted.
Unclear what the difference is between this and a conventional generator?

I still say this a good case to argue for an industry standard 12/24/36 or even 48 VDC supply standard.
audio from EV truck power is a tiny sub sector of a tiny sub market. The mass market will get the most utility from conventional mains power voltage and AC frequency. I wonder if EU market trucks get 230VAC, 50Hz? Probably.  8)
No reason for the inefficiency of the inverters to convert back to DC.  I looked at the AHM-64 a few days ago -because of another thread.  I thought it interesting that an install product had a DC power provision for backup but it doesn't seem like that has gone mainstream for stuff designed to be portable yet.
I recall years ago discussion about DC power distribution for inside modern homes for some of the reasons you enumerated. I haven't heard much about that lately. 

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Ford F-150 PowerBoost as mobile show power?
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2022, 02:20:14 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.