Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

Ford F-150 PowerBoost as mobile show power?

(1/3) > >>

brian maddox:
So I was talking about the new Ford Lightning F-150 on the FB the other day and our good friend Mike Sokol pointed out the remarkable utility of the F-150 PowerBoost hybrid.

So for those who don't know, both of these trucks offer significant amounts of good ol' fashioned 120V AC current available in "generator mode". The Hybrid version is essentially a 7.2kW full inverter generator which is pretty cool. Oh and it's got a truck attached which is handy. Got me to thinking how useful these could be for small/mid sized operators. You could tow the trailer to the gig and power the gig off the same truck.

Lots of things to consider of course, but I'd love to hear thoughts on this. Interesting? Stupid?

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: brian maddox on July 28, 2022, 04:09:46 PM ---So I was talking about the new Ford Lightning F-150 on the FB the other day and our good friend Mike Sokol pointed out the remarkable utility of the F-150 PowerBoost hybrid.

So for those who don't know, both of these trucks offer significant amounts of good ol' fashioned 120V AC current available in "generator mode". The Hybrid version is essentially a 7.2kW full inverter generator which is pretty cool. Oh and it's got a truck attached which is handy. Got me to thinking how useful these could be for small/mid sized operators. You could tow the trailer to the gig and power the gig off the same truck.

Lots of things to consider of course, but I'd love to hear thoughts on this. Interesting? Stupid?

--- End quote ---

A mobile DJ could set up in the truck and have no load in/out.  Would work great for parade floats too.

Steve Crump:

--- Quote from: brian maddox on July 28, 2022, 04:09:46 PM ---So I was talking about the new Ford Lightning F-150 on the FB the other day and our good friend Mike Sokol pointed out the remarkable utility of the F-150 PowerBoost hybrid.

--- End quote ---

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/27/ford-lightning-electric-truck

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Steve Crump on July 28, 2022, 09:53:12 PM ---

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/27/ford-lightning-electric-truck

--- End quote ---
Oooooo, 240 volts to power my Danleys!

Steve Crump:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on July 29, 2022, 12:57:34 PM ---Oooooo, 240 volts to power my Danleys!

--- End quote ---

Not to mention built in drum riser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version