ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with signal loss problem  (Read 1196 times)

thesoundguy

Help with signal loss problem
« on: July 28, 2022, 01:05:52 AM »

Okay I have the Xair 18 and am somewhat familiar to it but have run into a puzzle. I have the connection as ethernet using cat5 cable. This is set up with a Dell Latitude E6510 I just set it up recently and had a little bit of trouble. I think operator error. (At least I think it was.) Then I got it running with no problem and all of a sudden the signal dropped out between laptop and mixer. Cannot get it back. One is a 50' or more and that has only been used about 3 maybe 4 time so I would find that hard to believe it's the cable but maybe so. I tried another cable ~5' and the same. Got the cat5 away from power but didn't help. I have a computer error that shows up when booting up the computer. Error is: Please restart your computer.  RealTimes desktop service not working." I figure it's a long shot but I'd give it a try. Thanks.

BTW could a moderator please contact me about straightening out this log in problem. Previously I had left things to stay logged in and for some reason I got signed off. I tried everything I could find to get back it but just couldn't manage it for some reason. Is there something that can be done to get me back into the login that I had and include this post?  The one I used in the last registration is now my current email.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Help with signal loss problem
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 02:33:34 AM »

No one will reply until you change your display name to your actual name per the forum rules.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 04:16:43 AM »

Okay I have the Xair 18 and am somewhat familiar to it but have run into a puzzle. I have the connection as ethernet using cat5 cable. This is set up with a Dell Latitude E6510 I just set it up recently and had a little bit of trouble. I think operator error. (At least I think it was.) Then I got it running with no problem and all of a sudden the signal dropped out between laptop and mixer. Cannot get it back. One is a 50' or more and that has only been used about 3 maybe 4 time so I would find that hard to believe it's the cable but maybe so. I tried another cable ~5' and the same. Got the cat5 away from power but didn't help. I have a computer error that shows up when booting up the computer. Error is: Please restart your computer.  RealTimes desktop service not working." I figure it's a long shot but I'd give it a try. Thanks.

BTW could a moderator please contact me about straightening out this log in problem. Previously I had left things to stay logged in and for some reason I got signed off. I tried everything I could find to get back it but just couldn't manage it for some reason. Is there something that can be done to get me back into the login that I had and include this post?  The one I used in the last registration is now my current email.

Read the rules, fix your display name. 

Thank you for your cooperation.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 04:16:43 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.