ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbosound iQ and X32  (Read 1121 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Turbosound iQ and X32
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2022, 11:12:20 AM »

I figured I'd need to rent gear for the larger audiences.  Most range from 50 to about 500 at most. Average is 100-200.  Most 1K+ places have good sound equipment I can tune in anyway with the existing sound techs help if needed at all.

I always thought Mackie made decent gear, but these made me lose confidence in them.  I'll have to look into Yamaha and EV.  I also didn't know turbosound was tribe gear.  Love my X32 for what it is and is basically a rebranded Midas M32 but that's about the only thing I'd trust from them.

Actually the M32 is sort of a rebranded X32 in a different form factor with a few upgrades.

As has been already said, put together a system for the 200 person events and then rent from a legit
provider for the rest.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2022, 11:28:43 AM »

I always thought Mackie made decent gear, but these made me lose confidence in them.  I'll have to look into Yamaha and EV.  I also didn't know turbosound was tribe gear.  Love my X32 for what it is and is basically a rebranded Midas M32 but that's about the only thing I'd trust from them.

Mackie does make decent gear. But like most other manufacturers, they have accounting departments that figured out selling lots of cheap stuff is profitable.  Yamaha and EV also sell some low end stuff that can't keep up with the good stuff.  Throw in a marketing department that's ok with overpromising what a product can do, and well, you get the Thump.

Music tribe has been absorbing a lot of brands. Not unlike the other players that buy the collection of brands that have good reputations.  Sometimes this means better technology, other times it means a high end brand now offers cheaper stuff and loses what made that brand awesome in the first place.

FYI, the X32 came first.  Music Tribe bought out Midas and repackaged the X32 as a low end midas.  It's certainly not in the same class as the old midas stuff was, but that brand name made it an instant hit.

Brian Jojade

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2022, 11:28:43 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.