ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Itech 4000 fault  (Read 603 times)

Ollie Charles

Itech 4000 fault
« on: July 16, 2022, 09:48:37 AM »

Hi,

I am having an issue with an Itech 4000. When it is turned on via the front power button. The blue power led lights up and the home screen powers on. Then there is a small click heard from the rear of the unit, this click then seems to cycle over and over as if the unit is trying to boot, but never does.

Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? Would love it to be an easy fix  :)

I'd be very grateful for any useful replies,

Thank you

Art Welter

Re: Itech 4000 fault
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 06:11:13 PM »

Hi,

I am having an issue with an Itech 4000. When it is turned on via the front power button. The blue power led lights up and the home screen powers on. Then there is a small click heard from the rear of the unit, this click then seems to cycle over and over as if the unit is trying to boot, but never does.

Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? Would love it to be an easy fix  :)

I'd be very grateful for any useful replies,

Thank you
Just a guess, might be a shorted speaker or cable, try disconnecting the load and try it without.

Ollie Charles

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 04:59:38 AM »

Just a guess, might be a shorted speaker or cable, try disconnecting the load and try it without.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it happens when there is nothing plugged in to the amp  :(

doug johnson2

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2022, 09:31:56 AM »

Sounds like a power supply issue.  My recommendation would be to send it to the Tone Garage in Oxnard, CA.  They specialize in repairing EOS Harman equipment and have repaired original I-Techs for me before at a relatively reasonable price.

Ollie Charles

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2022, 01:15:36 PM »

Sounds like a power supply issue.  My recommendation would be to send it to the Tone Garage in Oxnard, CA.  They specialize in repairing EOS Harman equipment and have repaired original I-Techs for me before at a relatively reasonable price.

Thanks for your reply.

I have emailed the tone garage, but being from the UK it will probably cost a small fortune to send it over. On a different note, I have another 4000 that looks like it has been dropped on the binding post as the rear of the chassis is slightly bent there, and the binding posts have snapped off where they are soldered to the PCB, not a massive problem as I use it thought the speakon, however I'd like to fix it. Does anyone know where I can source new binding posts? If not, I may have to drill them and insert a new tab to solder to the PCB  :o

Matthew Knischewsky

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2022, 02:42:29 PM »

Thanks for your reply.

I have emailed the tone garage, but being from the UK it will probably cost a small fortune to send it over. On a different note, I have another 4000 that looks like it has been dropped on the binding post as the rear of the chassis is slightly bent there, and the binding posts have snapped off where they are soldered to the PCB, not a massive problem as I use it thought the speakon, however I'd like to fix it. Does anyone know where I can source new binding posts? If not, I may have to drill them and insert a new tab to solder to the PCB  :o

There's a song that plays in my head when I have two EOL or difficult to service items that have different problems: Tonight is the night when 2 Become 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA5jsa1lR9c

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2022, 02:42:29 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 23 queries.