ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help/Input on Sound System for Music Venue (DZR v New Versarray, SRX or ????)  (Read 250 times)

BaliGod

Would appreciate some help.  I am in Bali so my access may be a little more limited to all brands, but I may be able to find most brands in Jakarta to ship to me.

Here in Bali, I am getting quotes on Peavy Versarray, DZR315, PRX835s and whatever you recommend.  Looks like my local JBL guy only has PRX in stock, but he can order SRX.  They do have a set of SRX815s in stock though.

RE:  Layout of Club

We are 3 stories, but the live music and DJ stage and bar is on 2nd floor in a sound proof, enclosed room that measure 23 meters long (75 ft) by 16 meters wide (43) feet.

RE:  Questions

Question (1):  What bard and series should I use based on the price range of what I am looking at now?

Question (2):  Will 2 mains by stage and (2) 18 inch subs be enough.

Question (3):  At first, I thought about putting Satellite speakers toward that bac.  Is this a dumb idea . . .  I am new at this.

Question (4):  Should I have more subs and run maybe (3) 18s or (4) 18s and do I need to keep an even number of subs?

Question (5):  For sub placement, I read that it is better to have the subs side by side under the middle of the Stage rather than on the outside by the mains.  Is this true?  Would it mess sound up if I ran 2 up front and 1 in the back of the club.  What is best for subs.  I need it to hit pretty hard.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber