ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elite Core Feeder  (Read 2176 times)

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
Elite Core Feeder
« on: July 13, 2022, 05:18:39 PM »

Has anyone here bought feeder from Elite Core? Just wondering if its on par with other offerings

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
Re: Elite Core Feeder
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 01:16:10 PM »

Has anyone here bought feeder from Elite Core? Just wondering if its on par with other offerings
All of the cat5e cable I have ordered from them is branded belden cable. It's conceivable that their feeder is also a well known brand. You can call them and ask what brand it is, they are very forthcoming with information over the phone.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 08:22:43 PM »

All of the cat5e cable I have ordered from them is branded belden cable. It's conceivable that their feeder is also a well known brand. You can call them and ask what brand it is, they are very forthcoming with information over the phone.

Thank you. It's a new item on their page. I will call them ..

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 11:47:53 PM »

It's been my experience that buying power cable from a local electrical distributor is much less expensive than paying for shipping. CamLocks are easy enough to install.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 04:43:49 PM »

It's been my experience that buying power cable from a local electrical distributor is much less expensive than paying for shipping. CamLocks are easy enough to install.

Thanks. I'll check that options as well

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 05:10:18 PM »

Thanks. I'll check that options as well

We found that our local electrical distributors didn't stock Type SC #2, 2/0 or 4/0.  Minimum order was 1000/500ft depending on size.

Ended up buying from "J Custom Supply" in Louisiana.

As for Elite Core... I was not impressed with their mic or patch cables a few years ago.  I've since seen/handled newer product that seems more robust.

In feeder, I'd be watching out for copper-clad aluminum...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 08:18:19 PM »

We found that our local electrical distributors didn't stock Type SC #2, 2/0 or 4/0.  Minimum order was 1000/500ft depending on size.

As for Elite Core... I was not impressed with their mic or patch cables a few years ago.  I've since seen/handled newer product that seems more robust.

500 feet is just a single 100ft run of 3Ø though. You don't have Graybar nearby?
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2022, 12:19:54 AM »

500 feet is just a single 100ft run of 3Ø though. You don't have Graybar nearby?

Yes.  They were 20% more expensive than J Custom *after freight*.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2022, 10:42:30 PM »

I dont like Elite Core anything. Someone pointed me in that direction and I knew to ask here first. Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2022, 10:55:50 PM »

I dont like Elite Core anything. Someone pointed me in that direction and I knew to ask here first. Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it.

I think they learned their lessons, but if they use branded cables the only places to cut costs are connectors and assembly.  There's only so much that can be value-engineered in products like these.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2022, 10:55:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.