ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBLSRX 818SP vs Martin Audio Blackline X118P  (Read 2715 times)

Carl Burdon

JBLSRX 818SP vs Martin Audio Blackline X118P
« on: July 12, 2022, 04:33:57 AM »

Hi looking to upgrade to either of these subs. The SRX is the slightly dearer one and harder to come by ATM, but are they roughly the same performance wise? I cant compare them side by side so I'm hopeful some of the very learned folk on here may have an educated opinion?

Dan Whitney

Re: JBLSRX 818SP vs Martin Audio Blackline X118P
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 01:36:04 PM »

Hi looking to upgrade to either of these subs. The SRX is the slightly dearer one and harder to come by ATM, but are they roughly the same performance wise? I cant compare them side by side so I'm hopeful some of the very learned folk on here may have an educated opinion?

Look up Mike Pyle on this forum.  He’s a dealer for both and can probably steer you in the right direction. 

Www.Audiopyle.com
I coalesce the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension.

Paul Mayer

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 03:47:22 AM »

I haven’t used the XP118, but based on the spec sheet, the XP118 is probably a touch louder (though these numbers can be fudged a bit).  Out of the two, I’d easily take the SRX, it has a -3dB point at 35Hz and a -10 at 29Hz.  It can put out a reasonable 31-32Hz.  The XP118 is 42Hz-150Hz ± 3dB, -10dB @ 38Hz. 
The SRX is great performing sub for the price, and for a bit more than it can get the 828SP which is an incredible value (if you start with the 818s you can get the 828s down the road for bigger shows).  I’m sure the XP118 is a good performer too based on my experience with Martin gear.  If you don’t need it to get as deep get the XP

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 03:47:22 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.