ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harman vs QSC for conference rooms  (Read 2349 times)

chris georgiou

Harman vs QSC for conference rooms
« on: July 06, 2022, 08:43:29 PM »

I do mostly high end residential but I am getting some request for light commercial work; restaurants, fitness and conference rooms. Have some experience with Harman but to me it looks like QSC is a bit more advanced. Is this correct or I should stick to Harman? What would be a better line for conference rooms?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Harman vs QSC for conference rooms
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 10:12:55 PM »

I do mostly high end residential but I am getting some request for light commercial work; restaurants, fitness and conference rooms. Have some experience with Harman but to me it looks like QSC is a bit more advanced. Is this correct or I should stick to Harman? What would be a better line for conference rooms?

There are a lot of both but I see more Q-SYS in the wild.  It's very powerful and I suspect there's a bit more 'meat on the bone' for installation company.

The Harman/BSS products are very good as well.

Depending on what can be shipped to arrive when you need it (or before) is probably the main factor for the next 9-18 months.  Maybe longer.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 10:59:48 PM »

I switched to using Q-SYS over BSS 6+ years ago so I can't speak to where the BLU line is these days.  The Q-SYS line is very capable.  My big reason to switch to it was that it allowed me to write custom code for controlling all manner of 3rd party equipment and I've been VERY happy with it.  I haven't done meeting rooms using Zoom or MTR or the like so I can't speak to them but I do know it's a big part of the business these days.

Q-SYS is a long ways out on delivery.  A core 110f I ordered last month has a January delivery.  I'm waiting for it instead of looking at other options. 

I'm also pretty impressed by how the capabilities of the platform have grown in the years that I've been using it.

chris georgiou

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 09:13:28 AM »

I switched to using Q-SYS over BSS 6+ years ago so I can't speak to where the BLU line is these days.  The Q-SYS line is very capable.  My big reason to switch to it was that it allowed me to write custom code for controlling all manner of 3rd party equipment and I've been VERY happy with it.  I haven't done meeting rooms using Zoom or MTR or the like so I can't speak to them but I do know it's a big part of the business these days.

Q-SYS is a long ways out on delivery.  A core 110f I ordered last month has a January delivery.  I'm waiting for it instead of looking at other options. 

I'm also pretty impressed by how the capabilities of the platform have grown in the years that I've been using it.

Thank you; any particular brand of mikes I should be looking at that works well with QSC Core DSPs?

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 09:32:07 AM »

Thank you; any particular brand of mikes I should be looking at that works well with QSC Core DSPs?

With the exception of (IIRC) one mic that is qlan native any mic will work.  You need to evaluate your use case, project requirements, etc and pick the product that meets your needs.  I don’t do much in the way of meeting rooms so I don’t know those mic products specifically.  The Facebook Q-Sys programming group is a great resource for specific questions on conference room mic integration.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 09:32:07 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.