Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

JBL EON 618S Repurposed

(1/4) > >>

Edward M Smith:
So I have 2 JBL 618S with blown amps and as most of you already know no timeframe for when or even if JBL will find a new manufacturer for the boards. My question is can I just convert them to unpowered to use with an external amp? Has anyone else done this? Will they sound just as good or better?

Douglas R. Allen:

--- Quote from: Dafamous12b on July 05, 2022, 02:46:59 AM ---So I have 2 JBL 618S with blown amps and as most of you already know no timeframe for when or even if JBL will find a new manufacturer for the boards. My question is can I just convert them to unpowered to use with an external amp? Has anyone else done this? Will they sound just as good or better?

--- End quote ---

In short order you'll get a response that you have to use your "Real" name to post here as was stated when you signed up. Go back and put your real name in for replies.

Douglas R. Allen

Dave Guilford:
I have answers if you follow forum rules

Edward M Smith:

--- Quote from: Dave Guilford on July 05, 2022, 08:13:16 AM ---I have answers if you follow forum rules

--- End quote ---

My apologies. Error is fixed.

Mike Caldwell:
That would work, disconnect the old amp, put a Speakon jack on the back wired to the speaker. If you want to get fancy remove the amp and make a filler panel for the hole.

As for the external amp and processing set it up with a 40hz high pass filter and somewhere around a 100hz low pass.
A quick look at the spec sheet shows that it uses an 8 ohm woofer and had a power rating of 500 watt continuous and 1000 watt "peak". Get an amp that will do around 800 into 8 ohms and a proper limiter setting you will be set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version