ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Si Expression 3, Mini stage box output routing  (Read 969 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Si Expression 3, Mini stage box output routing
« on: July 02, 2022, 02:54:56 AM »

I was running a client's Si earlier and somehow lost the L/R virtual patch to the Mini Stage box analog outs 7 & 8.  Okay, select L/R, go to menu and select Patch and it shows "unused".  None of the MSB outputs are showing up in the list of patchable physical outputs for L/R.  The subwoofer send on Mix 6 was assigned to MSB analog out #6, and the MSB outputs were in the patch list.  The only L/R choices seem to be the local outputs on the desk.

Since the Mix outputs are showing up on the MSB and are available choices in the output menu... I'm at a loss as to why I don't see the same output choices for L/R.  Any ideas?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Si Expression 3, Mini stage box output routing
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 03:09:58 PM »

I was running a client's Si earlier and somehow lost the L/R virtual patch to the Mini Stage box analog outs 7 & 8.  Okay, select L/R, go to menu and select Patch and it shows "unused".  None of the MSB outputs are showing up in the list of patchable physical outputs for L/R.  The subwoofer send on Mix 6 was assigned to MSB analog out #6, and the MSB outputs were in the patch list.  The only L/R choices seem to be the local outputs on the desk.

Since the Mix outputs are showing up on the MSB and are available choices in the output menu... I'm at a loss as to why I don't see the same output choices for L/R.  Any ideas?
Did you continue scrolling to the right?  The patch choice screen shows ALL the possible channels; local, stagebox, or madi if the card is in.
You often have to unpatch to repatch.
I've occasionally had issues if the SB is booted after the console.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 11:18:42 PM »

Did you continue scrolling to the right?  The patch choice screen shows ALL the possible channels; local, stagebox, or madi if the card is in.
You often have to unpatch to repatch.
I've occasionally had issues if the SB is booted after the console.

It showed the MADI card but not the stagebox (8 analog, 8 AES-3) outputs... but just for the L/R. The stagebox options were available to the other mixes.

Desk is on v1.08, not sure what's been done with stagebox.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Schalk

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 10:52:30 AM »

Tim,

That is odd.  Did you check the patch options for the second set of outputs?  All of the mix bus outputs on my Performer 2 have two output patch points.  The only guess I have is that somehow the L+R bus "lost" the fact that your Show was linked to a stage box, although I can't think of how that could happen to only one bus. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 05:33:04 PM »

Tim,

That is odd.  Did you check the patch options for the second set of outputs?  All of the mix bus outputs on my Performer 2 have two output patch points.  The only guess I have is that somehow the L+R bus "lost" the fact that your Show was linked to a stage box, although I can't think of how that could happen to only one bus.

I'm going back there on Tuesday to sort it out.  If you see a mushroom cloud rise of the middle of the country, it's not left over fireworks, it's my head exploding.  I miss the X32.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 05:33:04 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.