Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

CL5 Clocking issue

(1/2) > >>

Brian Bolly:
Experiencing an interesting issue with a CL5 connected to a RIO 3224 D and RIO 1608 at a festival. Analog split, so no other desks on the network

Getting snap crackle pop on the outputs, which seems like a clocking issue. The desk is set to master, cables have been swapped out, and a power cycle seems to solve it temporarily. But it comes back.

Thoughts/suggestions welcome. Not my desk, but I’m looking to help the powers that be solve the issue.

Andrew Broughton:
Did you have the Clock source set to "Dante", (not Internal)?
I always clock from the RIO, but that's because I have 2 consoles connected to it.

Brian Bolly:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on June 29, 2022, 01:00:23 PM ---Did you have the Clock source set to "Dante", (not Internal)?
I always clock from the RIO, but that's because I have 2 consoles connected to it.

--- End quote ---
Yes, console is clocked to Dante at 48k. I’m suspecting it may be something at the RIO rack end. Snake is several new (1 show old) shielded CAT6A with Ethercons, RIO rack has pass thru Ethercon on a panel to patch cables that hit the Cisco switches, and patch cables from the switches back out to the RIO boxes. I’m guessing there’s something there that could be the underlying issue.

Andrew Broughton:
Dante controller should show you what's happening and if there's a clocking issue. Doesn't always help in finding the source of the problem, but it does log what's going on...

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on June 29, 2022, 01:00:23 PM ---Did you have the Clock source set to "Dante", (not Internal)?

--- End quote ---

I would try clocking from the Rio. Clocking at the source is a good idea.

Mac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version