ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure wireless  (Read 1117 times)

Bradford "BJ" James

Shure wireless
« on: June 28, 2022, 11:23:09 PM »

I’m a dealer and sold off all my wireless during covid. Awesome as I wanted to change to all SLXD systems. Ordered 8 systems back in April on backorder. Got a updated ETA today….July 10 ….YAY   2023. What the actual fuck?
Is it the same situation everywhere?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:25:36 PM by Bradford "BJ" James »
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: Shure wireless
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 01:31:29 AM »

I’m a dealer and sold off all my wireless during covid. Awesome as I wanted to change to all SLXD systems. Ordered 8 systems back in April on backorder. Got a updated ETA today….July 10 ….YAY   2023. What the actual fuck?

Yes, probably.
I have stuff on backorder with ETA Q3/2023….

Paul Johnson

• Currently - Lowestoft - UK
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 02:55:41 AM »

Same in the UK - local friend tried to order a big 20 ch + Sennheiser system. Oddly, Shure's date was quicker than Sennheiser's.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 09:29:57 AM »

I’m a dealer and sold off all my wireless during covid. Awesome as I wanted to change to all SLXD systems. Ordered 8 systems back in April on backorder. Got a updated ETA today….July 10 ….YAY   2023.

Yep. The digital chips on the transmitters appear to be the choke point.

The dual receiver units seem to be in stock. I've taken to ordering the "guitar" SLXD kits, so I at least get a receiver and bodypack. My last update on the handheld shipments was April of 2023. It appears as though things have not gotten better  :( .

Heckuva time to launch a new, vastly improved, product...

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 09:39:14 AM »

FWIW I checked availability on a amplifier today with onboard Dante.

"ETA unknown, we will start producing that amp again in March 2023 IF Dante chips are available......"

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 10:48:16 AM »

Ship dates are a little sooner for ULX-D and QLX-D.   I have heard that when the chips started to get short, the SLX-D was the first to get cut, so the parts could get used for the higher dollar SKU's.   My guess is when the parts get back in stock, those higher dollar products will be the first to start shipping again over the cheaper SLX-D.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Sasha Marine

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 11:16:08 AM »

Ordered 8 systems back in April on backorder. Got a updated ETA today….July 10 ….YAY   2023

Yup. We did a huge SLXD order back in June 2021 and just got the last system a few days ago.... Chip shortages are ruining it for everyone.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 11:20:36 AM by Sasha Marine »

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 12:35:12 PM »

Ship dates are a little sooner for ULX-D and QLX-D.   I have heard that when the chips started to get short, the SLX-D was the first to get cut, so the parts could get used for the higher dollar SKU's.   My guess is when the parts get back in stock, those higher dollar products will be the first to start shipping again over the cheaper SLX-D.

We tried to go SLXD for replacements-but ended up going with Sennheiser instead because we needed them right now.  In another thread the mute issue with the Sennheiser's was brought up-but pastor likes the Sennheiser so this may end up being where we get off the Shure train and on to Sennheiser for all future purchases.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 10:22:40 AM by Stephen Swaffer »
Steve Swaffer

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 03:12:40 PM »

We did a huge SLXD order back in June 2021 and just got the last system a few days ago....

Lucky you!

I "won" an SLXD Handheld package at the Shure Roadshow in ATL in June 2021. I don't expect it to ship before all the PAID backorders have been filled (just hoping I live to see the day).

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 03:12:40 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.