Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Popped off Dust Cap

(1/2) > >>

Dave Garoutte:
Here's a strange one. 
On my third gig with my new Danley SM96s, a buzz appeared during sound check.  Pulled the grill to find one of the driver dust cover flapping around behind the Synergy port.  I pulled it out through the port and finished the gig to raves.  Danley has a replacement on the way, no prob.
Has anybody seen a dust cap pop off a Faital pro before?  Or was it just the last speaker on the friday before summer break?

Mike Pyle:
Any possibility of the cone excursion allowing the pole piece to contact the dust cover?

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: Mike Pyle on June 27, 2022, 05:20:26 PM ---Any possibility of the cone excursion allowing the pole piece to contact the dust cover?

--- End quote ---
Unlikely.  Singer /songwriter gig.  On DNA presets.

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on June 27, 2022, 04:44:32 PM ---Here's a strange one. 
On my third gig with my new Daley SM96s, a buzz appeared during sound check.  Pulled the grill to find one of the driver dust cover flapping around behind the Synergy port.  I pulled it out through the port and finished the gig to raves.  Danley has a replacement on the way, no prob.
Has anybody seen a dust cap pop off a Faital pro before?  Or was it just the last speaker on the friday before summer break?

--- End quote ---

I've had it happen on a home stereo speaker. It was a Advent floor stander, so not a cheap speaker. I'm sure it's pretty rare but not impossible.

Steve Eudaly:
I had it happen on an RCF woofer in an old Mackie SA1232. It was a music and arts festival, so I borrowed some Elmer's from one of the art tents and had enough time to glue it back down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version