Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

crown iTech 5000hd vs macrotech 5000i

<< < (2/2)

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Brian Jojade on June 22, 2022, 06:08:52 PM ---My main amp that I use is the Crown iTech 5000HD.  Generally speaking, I don't use any of the internal processing, using external crossovers etc.

I'm looking to pick up a couple emergency backup amps, and found a line on the Macrotech 5000's for pretty good prices.  From what it looks like, they appear to basically be the same thing, just the iTech has front controls to access the settings, whereas the Macrotech can only be adjusted through the network connection.

Is there any reason I wouldn't want the Macrotechs, other than it's a discontinued model?

--- End quote ---

Just to make it absolutely clear, and since you mentioned it, they don't have onboard DSP like the iTechs do. The MT's only have monitoring capability and a couple of simple things like polarity flip and a limiter that can be accessed through the software. There are no crossover filters or EQ or anything like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version