Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Digico Offline Editor Dealing with Stereo Inputs

(1/2) > >>

Mark Butch Jarbo:
A few questions regarding Digico Editor and Stereo Inputs. 
Using Offline Editor Ver 1528 for SD9, SD12…
Why when using a Stereo device: Example-(Jeff’s Stereo Keys) in CH 13/14  why does the Channel Strip only show it is using Input #13 not 13&14 ? Why does the Channel List only show my Stereo Keys using CH 13 and not 13&14. It does show an S beside Input Channel indicating it is a Stereo Channel but only shows the main input as being Mic 13? If the Channel is Stereo, why does it not automatically show on the Channel List that two inputs are being used? (in this case Ch 13&14) Why does the Session Report only show only using Ch 13 as the input route even though it shows that the Channel input number is 13s? When viewing the members of the Master Buss the list shows my Stereo Keys using Input 13. I also have another stereo Ch John’s Stereo Keys in CH 15/16 and again all lists show it is using Mic input 15. The Channel Strips 13 and 14 do have Stereo Meters and The Audio I/O Patch indicates that that inputs 13/14 are being used for used for Jeff’s Stereo Keys and inputs 15/16 are being used for John’s Stereo Keys. It is great being able to use a Stereo Strip to enable increased Input Control on the surface but I would think there is some better way to indicate what Inputs are being used for the Stereo Channel and set the Input List to reflect that. I find it difficult with some of the naming to distinguish between The Physical Input and a Channel assigned to a Layer/Bank/Surface. Any help or further  information would be greatly appreciated. I have tried previously to contact Digico regarding this but have not received any replies. If this is the wrong place to direct these questions please advise me where I should direct them. Thanks

Erik Jerde:
I’d be happy to answer your question but first you need to read the rules and fix your display name.  There’s a very prominent post at the top of the LAB board with this rule clearly laid out.  No one will answer your question till you’ve done this and a moderator will be along shortly to lock the thread if you don’t get it taken care of first.  Fix it though and you’ll have access to a wealth of knowledge from very seasoned pros.

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Mark Butch Jarbo on June 21, 2022, 11:24:46 PM ---A few questions regarding Digico Editor and Stereo Inputs. 
Using Offline Editor Ver 1528 for SD9, SD12…
Why when using a Stereo device: Example-(Jeff’s Stereo Keys) in CH 13/14  why does the Channel Strip only show it is using Input #13 not 13&14 ? Why does the Channel List only show my Stereo Keys using CH 13 and not 13&14. It does show an S beside Input Channel indicating it is a Stereo Channel but only shows the main input as being Mic 13? If the Channel is Stereo, why does it not automatically show on the Channel List that two inputs are being used? (in this case Ch 13&14) Why does the Session Report only show only using Ch 13 as the input route even though it shows that the Channel input number is 13s? When viewing the members of the Master Buss the list shows my Stereo Keys using Input 13. I also have another stereo Ch John’s Stereo Keys in CH 15/16 and again all lists show it is using Mic input 15. The Channel Strips 13 and 14 do have Stereo Meters and The Audio I/O Patch indicates that that inputs 13/14 are being used for used for Jeff’s Stereo Keys and inputs 15/16 are being used for John’s Stereo Keys. It is great being able to use a Stereo Strip to enable increased Input Control on the surface but I would think there is some better way to indicate what Inputs are being used for the Stereo Channel and set the Input List to reflect that. I find it difficult with some of the naming to distinguish between The Physical Input and a Channel assigned to a Layer/Bank/Surface. Any help or further  information would be greatly appreciated. I have tried previously to contact Digico regarding this but have not received any replies. If this is the wrong place to direct these questions please advise me where I should direct them. Thanks

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your speedy attention to the name rule, and welcome to the forums.

Mark Butch Jarbo:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on June 22, 2022, 12:10:41 AM ---Thanks for your speedy attention to the name rule, and welcome to the forums.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, appreciated. Not sure if this is how to reply. Help Page wont load.

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Mark Butch Jarbo on June 22, 2022, 12:17:04 AM ---Thanks, appreciated. Not sure if this is how to reply. Help Page wont load.

--- End quote ---

Just hit “quote” above the post you’re replying to and type your reply after the quote. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version