Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Recommendation for light console

<< < (4/4)

John M. Roll:

--- Quote from: Jeff Lelko on June 24, 2022, 01:44:14 AM ---Hi John, so to put it lightly, the Scenesetter leaves a lot to be desired these days.  It's a relic of a simpler time when dimmers and par cans were the norm.  Not only will the Scenesetter exhaust its 48 channels with just a few modern fixtures, it also lacks the workflow and processing horsepower needed to properly implement today's intelligent lights. 

Software and a fader wing is the common sense choice unless you're willing to spend a few thousand dollars on a basic console.  I strongly support spending good money on a modern moving light console if you can justify the need, but before spending any money it's a good idea to define what your actual requirements are for the new board so that you can size it correctly.  Hope this helps!

--- End quote ---
Jeff,
Thanks for the input. I have decided to revisit the Dpro software. You mentioned a fader wing. Can you give me an example ?

John

Jeff Lelko:

--- Quote from: John M. Roll on July 06, 2022, 07:25:55 PM ---Jeff,
Thanks for the input. I have decided to revisit the Dpro software. You mentioned a fader wing. Can you give me an example ?

--- End quote ---

No worries, and sorry for the delay in posting back - I've been on the road the past week working a few jobs.

So if you're sticking with Enttec then naturally I'd suggest using one of Enttec's wings (link).  They're discontinued now but can still be readily found with a quick internet search.  Since D-Pro supports OSC commanding any surface capable of using this protocol can generally be used for control.  An internet search of "OSC Fader Wing" will give you several options to explore.  I'll caution you that these will require a bit more configuration out of the box compared to the Enttec wings meant to work with their own software, but ultimately either solution can work.  Hope this helps!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version