Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Recommendation for light console

(1/4) > >>

John M. Roll:
I am running a small club rig which consists of 4 Chauvet Slimpar64 RGBA,4 Chauvet 64 RGB and 8 Talent MP12s, 4 per side, for front lighting. I provide S & L for bands in small clubs. I've been using a Scenesetter 24. I want add more effect lighting,  moonflowers,maybe a couple of movers. This means the channels on the scenesetter will not be enough. My light guy likes the feel of buttons and faders. I was thinking that a Scenesetter 48 would do, but is there a console that would help with channel count and accommodating the additon of the fx lighting?

John

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: John M. Roll on June 21, 2022, 05:24:37 PM ---I am running a small club rig which consists of 4 Chauvet Slimpar64 RGBA,4 Chauvet 64 RGB and 8 Talent MP12s, 4 per side, for front lighting. I provide S & L for bands in small clubs. I've been using a Scenesetter 24. I want add more effect lighting,  moonflowers,maybe a couple of movers. This means the channels on the scenesetter will not be enough. My light guy likes the feel of buttons and faders. I was thinking that a Scenesetter 48 would do, but is there a console that would help with channel count and accommodating the additon of the fx lighting?

John

--- End quote ---
With movers, you can gobble up channels in a hurry.
You could add a second board on a separate universe.

John Fruits:
In musical theater terms just consider this as vamping til ready but have you checked out the thread "ETC Colorsource 20........."  It rather covers the same territory and yeah, they all cost a lot.
Hopefully more people will chime in soon.

EDIT: One option mentioned in that thread was the WorkPro Lightshark option.  After looking around quite a bit it looks like possibly due to the chip and other component shortages that the price has gone up a lot.  The current prices I found were nearly double the pre-pandemic prices.  As some of us old fogeys say, "Used to be was that LS-1 was sixteen hundred bucks and the core was six hundred bucks".

Paul G. OBrien:

--- Quote from: John M. Roll on June 21, 2022, 05:24:37 PM ---My light guy likes the feel of buttons and faders.
--- End quote ---
What is the budget?

The right answer is usually software just because of it's features and expandability, pair that with a midi controller like the Elation Midicon and you could have the best of both worlds without breaking the bank.

Paul Johnson:
If you are skint - a Magicq dongle (less than a hundred quid) and an old laptop to run it on - and get full pro features that can at any point be controlled by real faders and knobs if you can afford it. The dongle gives you every feature - the only limitation is that the faders and buttons are on screen - so touchscreen or mouse control.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version