ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Venue - Plugins not appearing in some show files  (Read 787 times)

Ryan J Williams

Venue - Plugins not appearing in some show files
« on: June 16, 2022, 06:47:40 PM »

I have a show file from a Profile.  I'm trying to edit it offline and want to replace Waves plugins with built in Avid plugins.  When I click the list in my plugins rack, Smack - Fairchild - and many others aren't there as options.  When I go to my previous show file from another night and console, all of those plugin options appear.  Any ideas how to get them to show up in my latest show file?  I really need to build this next show off of that one.  Thanks.

I believe the console I was on last week had really old software.  Echo Farm didn't show up.  My saved file is on older software so I guess that's why the newer plugins don't come up.  Not sure how to remedy that.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 09:33:06 PM by Ryan J Williams »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Venue - Plugins not appearing in some show files
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 10:47:52 AM »

I have a show file from a Profile.  I'm trying to edit it offline and want to replace Waves plugins with built in Avid plugins.  When I click the list in my plugins rack, Smack - Fairchild - and many others aren't there as options.  When I go to my previous show file from another night and console, all of those plugin options appear.  Any ideas how to get them to show up in my latest show file?  I really need to build this next show off of that one.  Thanks.

I believe the console I was on last week had really old software.  Echo Farm didn't show up.  My saved file is on older software so I guess that's why the newer plugins don't come up.  Not sure how to remedy that.

IIRC you can't "instantiate" new plugins in Venue v3 or v4 in the stand-alone editor.  You can move them around, change parameters and save...

You might have saved a file from a console with v2.x but it should open in the editor and on a console, with a warning that when saved, it will be saved as the newer version.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ryan J Williams

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 11:54:07 AM »

IIRC you can't "instantiate" new plugins in Venue v3 or v4 in the stand-alone editor.  You can move them around, change parameters and save...

You might have saved a file from a console with v2.x but it should open in the editor and on a console, with a warning that when saved, it will be saved as the newer version.

I'm on v 4.5 editor and it will let you populate your effects rack.  You just can't go in and adjust any plugin parameters.  I sent my file to the techs for the festival this weekend and they said all the plugins showed up as choices once my file was loaded on the S6L.  I also went to the previous week's show and was able to populate my racks with Avid and bypass Waves.  I'm guessing this was all about having a console from last week that didn't have the most current software with the plugins I needed.  All good though, I get a soundcheck.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 11:54:07 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.