Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

New Article: Everything's a Frequency Problem...until it isn't

(1/1)

Ike Zimbel:
Hi Gang,
           Here's another RF article: https://www.prosoundweb.com/not-so-obvious-everythings-a-frequency-problem-until-it-isnt/
Thanks for reading, comments are always welcome.

Jason Glass:

--- Quote from: Ike Zimbel on June 15, 2022, 02:53:37 PM ---Hi Gang,
           Here's another RF article: https://www.prosoundweb.com/not-so-obvious-everythings-a-frequency-problem-until-it-isnt/
Thanks for reading, comments are always welcome.

--- End quote ---

You have somehow managed to write my autobiography.  Well done!   ;)

FWIW, I shared it on FB this morning because it definitely needs to be read by all.

John L Nobile:
Good article. People always seem to blame the thing that they understand the least first. Saves them time to have someone else figure out the problem for them.

Don Boomer:
The lack of basic troubleshooting skills in this business never ceases to amaze me. ;)

Ike Zimbel:

--- Quote from: Jason Glass on June 15, 2022, 08:10:56 PM ---You have somehow managed to write my autobiography.  Well done!   ;)

FWIW, I shared it on FB this morning because it definitely needs to be read by all.

--- End quote ---
So, today, I changed a frequency, by request. And guess what? The issue turned out to be the cheap plastic PSM-300 belt pack picking up noise from the laptop with the tracks on it. This was at the drummer's position and I think he may have laid his pack on the laptop. Not a frequency problem.
 The only reason I changed the frequency in the first place is there's so little information available on those packs it was just easier to change the TX and re-sync. I did learn something useful, though. I thought I'd try and keep an ear on that frequency so I tried tuning my P10R pack to that frequency and it worked, instantly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version