Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

I just can't find a suitable amplifier (for serial connection) for MARTIN AUDIO

(1/3) > >>

Leo Neri:
Hi all! Guys, the fact is that I decided to buy a MARTIN AUDIO BLACKLINE X118SUB and a MARTIN AUDIO Blackline X15, these passive acoustics are perfect for my dj setup. But I just can't find a suitable amplifier (for serial connection). Please advise me which amplifier model is best for this case. Thanks in advance to everyone for advice and opinions!
P.S. The difficulty is that there are a lot of opinions about the power reserve of the amplifier (so that it doesn't work at 100% for the durability of the device) and the acoustic settings (reducing the volume so that on the one hand the speakers sway, and on the other there are no peaks), there are a lot of opinions and finding the right solution isn't so simple. One more thing, I really spend a lot of time DJing, so the speakers have to last about 6 hours a day 3-4 times a week (and less on other days due to work). Once again, thank you all for your attention to the problem!

Matthias McCready:

--- Quote from: Leo Neri on June 14, 2022, 12:41:18 PM ---Hi all! Guys, the fact is that I decided to buy a MARTIN AUDIO BLACKLINE X118SUB and a MARTIN AUDIO Blackline X15, these passive acoustics are perfect for my dj setup. But I just can't find a suitable amplifier (for serial connection). Please advise me which amplifier model is best for this case. Thanks in advance to everyone for advice and opinions!
P.S. The difficulty is that there are a lot of opinions about the power reserve of the amplifier (so that it doesn't work at 100% for the durability of the device) and the acoustic settings (reducing the volume so that on the one hand the speakers sway, and on the other there are no peaks), there are a lot of opinions and finding the right solution isn't so simple. One more thing, I really spend a lot of time DJing, so the speakers have to last about 6 hours a day 3-4 times a week (and less on other days due to work). Once again, thank you all for your attention to the problem!

--- End quote ---

The manual(s) for these products has some recommendations on proper amplification and processing. I would start there.

The more objective view of the designing engineers is probably more useful than some opinions on the interwebs.  :)

Tim Verhoeven:

--- Quote from: Leo Neri on June 14, 2022, 12:41:18 PM ---Hi all! Guys, the fact is that I decided to buy a MARTIN AUDIO BLACKLINE X118SUB and a MARTIN AUDIO Blackline X15, these passive acoustics are perfect for my dj setup. But I just can't find a suitable amplifier (for serial connection).

--- End quote ---

I'm wondering what you mean by serial connection? There is no real way to have both speakers (the sub and the top) connected to one amplifier channel. I'm guessing you have both 2 of each for a stereo setup? That means that you need 4 channels of amplification.

Leo Neri:

--- Quote from: Tim Verhoeven on June 15, 2022, 04:14:46 AM ---I'm wondering what you mean by serial connection? There is no real way to have both speakers (the sub and the top) connected to one amplifier channel. I'm guessing you have both 2 of each for a stereo setup? That means that you need 4 channels of amplification.

--- End quote ---

I don’t know for sure if there is a built-in crossover, if not, then there are amplifiers with a crossover. I was interested not in the general opinion, but in the recommendation of which amplifier is suitable in this case (all mods are named) - 1 MARTIN AUDIO BLACKLINE X118SUB and 1 MARTIN AUDIO Blackline X15

Leo Neri:

--- Quote from: Matthias McCready on June 14, 2022, 06:56:09 PM ---The manual(s) for these products has some recommendations on proper amplification and processing. I would start there.

The more objective view of the designing engineers is probably more useful than some opinions on the interwebs.  :)

--- End quote ---

You are right, but MARTIN AUDIO will offer me their solution and it is too expensive for me, and other MARTIN AUDIO brands will not offer (it is not profitable for them). I hope that someone else's experience with this equipment will help me. After all, we are not all rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version