Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound

Yamaha CL Series - I Have Seemed to Modified the Stereo Out Patch

(1/3) > >>

JeffreyFields:
We have a Yamaha CL connected to a RIO3224-D. Last Saturday, I unlinked the RIOS outs from being received by the CL.  So we had no in-ear and no mains.  A very helpful person on this forum suggested using Dante Controller to reestablish the RIO and CL connections.  All of the in-ears functioned perfectly (MIX1 to MIX14).  But I'm not getting anything out of MIX15 and MIX16 which go to our amps which go to our mains.  We pressed a lot of buttons Saturday in an attempt to get things working.  Today, I restored from a backup that was 10 days old.  Still the mains have no sound.  As a workaround I patched MIX13 and MIX14 into our amps and we had sound for our service tonight.  When I select stereo bank and then select ST R (or L), should they be patched somewhere?  Right now is has "DANTE 34".  I doubled checked, all of the input channels have "ST" selected.  And on the MIX page, MIX14 has "DANTE 14" but MIX15 and MIX16 have "Slot 1 15" and "Slot 1 16" respectively. If I cue up MIX13, the sound is definitely louder.  But if I cue up MIX15, there is no change in volume.  thanks, Jeff

Dave Pluke:

--- Quote from: JeffreyFields on June 09, 2022, 02:26:17 AM ---All of the in-ears functioned perfectly (MIX1 to MIX14).  But I'm not getting anything out of MIX15 and MIX16 which go to our amps which go to our mains.

--- End quote ---

Are your amps connected to outputs 15 & 16 on the RIO? If so, in Dante Controller, route them to DANTE15 & 16, respectively.

Dave

Tim Weaver:
You can disregard the "slotxxx" asignments. It's just default routing suff that basically goes nowhere.

You need to patch the main out to the correct outputs to get the mains flowing to the amps.

If Main Right is dante 34 in the console, then you need to open Dante Controller and patch (transmitter CL5) Dante 34 to (Receiver 3224) Dante 16. This will get the right channel working.

You then need to go back and look at the left main out and see which dante channel it's putting signal out on. Patch that Dante channel to the (Receiver 3224) Dante 15.

Tim Weaver:
Also after you get all this working go in to the Dante Controller and under File>Save Preset you can save the Dante Routing in case this ever comes up again.

Make sure everything is selected, then hit save, give it a name you'll rememeber and when you recall it later it will route everything for you, the way you had it set when you made the preset.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: JeffreyFields on June 09, 2022, 02:26:17 AM ---We have a Yamaha CL connected to a RIO3224-D. Last Saturday, I unlinked the RIOS outs from being received by the CL.  So we had no in-ear and no mains.  A very helpful person on this forum suggested using Dante Controller to reestablish the RIO and CL connections.  All of the in-ears functioned perfectly (MIX1 to MIX14).  But I'm not getting anything out of MIX15 and MIX16 which go to our amps which go to our mains.  We pressed a lot of buttons Saturday in an attempt to get things working.  Today, I restored from a backup that was 10 days old.  Still the mains have no sound.  As a workaround I patched MIX13 and MIX14 into our amps and we had sound for our service tonight.  When I select stereo bank and then select ST R (or L), should they be patched somewhere?  Right now is has "DANTE 34".  I doubled checked, all of the input channels have "ST" selected.  And on the MIX page, MIX14 has "DANTE 14" but MIX15 and MIX16 have "Slot 1 15" and "Slot 1 16" respectively. If I cue up MIX13, the sound is definitely louder.  But if I cue up MIX15, there is no change in volume.  thanks, Jeff

--- End quote ---

Couple of questions:

1. Does your console use Dante to connect to your amps? Is there some sort of processor it connects to? Most Amps don't have Dante native

2. If your Mains were being fed directly by Mix 15/16 [which is odd, but not technically wrong] then the Main Stereo output routing isn't relevant to the discussion. However, if instead Mix 15/16 is routed in the console to Main Stereo Out [very possible] and then the Main Stereo Out is feeding your amps, then that's the output you need to get routed correctly.

Just as a point of clarity that I hope is helpful. All of your output busses on your console [Mixbusses, Matrixes, Stereo and Mono] can be patched to Any of the available 64 Dante outputs in the console as well as the Omni outs and the Slot Outs [which are the outputs if you have extra MY cards installed in your console. And they can be assigned to more than one of those outputs in any combination. The only limitation is that more than one Mixbuss/Matrix/Stereo/Mono can't be routed to the SAME Dante/Slot/Omni output. That's why you'll sometimes see an output patch going several places. If you don't have anything in your Card Slot, you can ignore any slot assignments as they aren't actually going anywhere.

Once your given Mixbuss or Matrix or Stereo/Mono buss is routed to a Dante output, that output then needs to be routed using Dante controller to the input of whatever device you want to send it to. Once you've figured out exactly which output is actually feeding you Mains, you'll just need to route that output to a Dante output and then patch that Dante output to your amps and you should be golden.

Final Note: Tim's suggestions of saving the Dante preset is spot on. This can avoid a whole world of problems later on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version