ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Output From Rio3224-D After Initializing QL1  (Read 1612 times)

JeffreyFields

No Output From Rio3224-D After Initializing QL1
« on: June 05, 2022, 08:28:35 AM »

We have CL1 and QL1 connected to Rio3224-D.  I accidentally initialized the QL1.  It was entirely my fault.  I was able to restore from backup and it is working as it should.  The CL1 provides FOH.  I can see audio levels and can hear audio from the headphones. But there is no audio being sent -- in-ears or mains.  I checked the firmware/Dante versions on all 3 devices.  I also restored the CL1 from a backup in case I also wiped out the head amp routing when I initialized the QL1. We are getting an error message that we never got before "wrong word clock" in red when both devices boot.  I have the word clock on both set to Dante 48k.   CL1 is Dante device 1 and the QL is Dante device 2.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: No Output From Rio3224-D After Initializing QL1
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 08:44:19 AM »

Does the word clock error go away after everything boots? Or does it stay the whole time.

Do you have Dante Controller handy? You may just need to repatch your outputs of the QL to where they need to go. Depending on what settings you have a scene recall may not do all the patching you need it to do. This is normal behavior, it just happens to be not too convenient for your situation.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

JeffreyFields

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 09:26:40 PM »

Does the word clock error go away after everything boots? Or does it stay the whole time.

Do you have Dante Controller handy? You may just need to repatch your outputs of the QL to where they need to go. Depending on what settings you have a scene recall may not do all the patching you need it to do. This is normal behavior, it just happens to be not too convenient for your situation.

It does go away and the Word Clock page shows both boards synched to the Dante word clock in blue.  Yes, I do have Dante Controller.  Thank you -- that is a GREAT suggestion.  I will try it tomorrow night.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 12:02:08 AM »

It does go away and the Word Clock page shows both boards synched to the Dante word clock in blue.  Yes, I do have Dante Controller.  Thank you -- that is a GREAT suggestion.  I will try it tomorrow night.

Having a word clock error when you first power on is normal. Once all the dante stuff syncs up it will go away. Nothing to worry about.

Yeah, just double check your output patch in Dante Controller. I'm reasonably sure that's where the problem will be. Good Luck!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

JeffreyFields

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 10:27:23 PM »

A HUGE thank you.  I used the Dante controller to reroute the outputs of the CL1 to the Rios.  I was able to get all the in-ears immediately.  But the stereo outs didn't have a signal.  So for the prayer service tonight.  I patched one of the in-ears to the amplifiers and we had sound in the sanctuary.  The one thing that I didn't check -- did the mic have ST selected?  I think that any channel with ST selected goes to the stereo outs.  I don't want to tell you what we had to do late Saturday night.  Since the sound going to the livestream board was fine, we couldn't mess that up.  So we brought in an analog board.  Made 22 Y XLR cables.  patched each mic/instrument to both the analog board and the Rios stage box (for the livestream).  For instruments with DI boxes, we were able to patch from the DI box to both systems.  Carried in big subs and JBL speakers.  Put 4 floor monitors on the platform.  we were there til 1:30 am.  Back at 6.  We sent stereo to the speakers on the stage and used the center channel to send a signal to the amplifiers so that our overflow area had sound.  People said that it was the best it has ever sounded.

AGAIN - big thank you.  My heartfelt thanks.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 10:27:23 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.