ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ansmann 2850 vs MaxE Pro  (Read 2211 times)

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Ansmann 2850 vs MaxE Pro
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 09:05:29 AM »

I’ve used the rack mount chargers over a decade ago.  No complains.  I’d still be using them except the price premium over the desktop chargers is just too much for my clients.

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 09:29:44 AM »

fHi Ed,

I've been using rechargeables since the last century.

Some devices, like camera flashes, need to be able to discharge a lot of energy quickly and be ready again very fast for the next shot.  There are batteries with slightly different chemistries designed for this, like the 2850s and Eneloop Pros. 
    For steady discharge use in WL mic and IEM transmitters, the standard batteries shine, with as much as more than 40% more usable energy over the life of the batteries.

For chargers, most any of the better quality units work fine.  I have an Xtar for their 1.5V batteries, and it also charges 1.2V.
1.2V batteries get pretty warm in this charger.
For 1.2V I mostly use a LaCross BC1000.  It has pretty sophisticated circuitry that optimally charges each cell for long life.  They can still be found on Ebay.
    The Xtar 1.5V batteries are fairly new to me so I can't really comment on their longevity.

The other piece of the puzzle is a good battery tester.  A voltmeter won't tell you capacity.
What's needed is one that actually loads the battery.
This is the one I use:
 https://www.ztsinc.com/mini9RL.html

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Ed Kolcz

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 08:42:39 AM »

Curious, What wireless are you using?

Senheiser  mainly body packs (about 15 of them)  but a couple handhelds also.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2022, 12:09:28 PM »

Thank you all for your replies.

I have a couple follow-up questions if you don't mind please...

-I've been comparing the batteries from Eneloop, Ansmann, etc and they all seem to have two versions- 'pro' and 'everyday' use.  Both state that they can be used in high drain devices and the main differences I can see is the mah spec and the number of recycles.  I'll use the Ansmann as an example for now.  The Max E Pro (which is now Fujitsu) spec is 2100 mah and up to 2100 recycles.  The 2850 spec is 2850 mah but only 300 recycles.   I don't quite understand why someone would choose one over the other.  Can wireless mics run successfully with 2100 mah?   I only have experience with the 2850.

-2nd question has to do with rechargers:  After Google searching, I noticed there are rack-mountable rechargers available which can charge up to 16 batteries at a time.   Does anyone here use those types of rechargers? Any pros/cons you can share?

Thanks!  Ed

You are talking about the difference between these two/three models?

Ansmann 5035212-US (Dark Blue) - Slimline
-300 cycles
-2850 mAh

Ansmann 5035212 (Silver)
-300 cycles
-2850 mAh

Ansmann 1312-0013-FJ (White) - AA Max E Pro Is Now Fujitsu
-2100 cycles
-1900 mAh

I am talking about my experience using the Eneloop Pro, (models below).

Panasonic BK-3MCCA16FA (White) - Eneloop
-2100 cycles
-2000 mAh

Panasonic BK-3HCCA16FA (Black) - Eneloop Pro
-500 cycles
-2550 mAh

As per Weogo Reed said; For slow discharge rate mics either will work fine; the white higher cycle count batteries will probably have slightly longer life.
I chose the black (higher capacity) ones for my IEM packs as they (the EW300 G3 IEM bodypacks) draw more current while in use than a (EW100 G3 bodypack) transmitter.

I would be interested to see a study on the differences; am considering one myself since we go through so many batteries at my church.
For NP I have gone to all SB900B Shure lithium batteries for my QLX-D, IEM is still same Eneloop Pro from 3+ years ago lol

Woego would be the higher experience source; I just chose mine based on intuition I don't have measurable data to prove my statements.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 12:27:48 PM by Nathan Riddle »
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2022, 10:17:33 PM »

Eight years in to using Eneloop batteries in place of alkaline in Shure mic belt packs and Shure and Sennheiser IEM belt packs without problems. It's worth noting however that rechargables are slightly larger in diameter than alkaline and won't fit in cartridge type battery slots like say the Shure UHF-R handhelds.
Ansman 2850 come in a "slimline" that fit in the wireless mics better.  Unfortunately, if you already have "fat" Ansman 2850 and the newer slimline versions, they are visually virtually indistinguishable from one another. (sigh).  I just did an all day festival - 10am to 6:30pm without a battery change on a Sennheiser 300/835 and a couple Audio Technica System 10 mics.  Battery levels still reported 3 of 3 at the end of the day.  Cells are about 4-5 years old.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2022, 10:17:33 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.