ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chauvet DJ 355z IRC won't follow blackout on Chamsys  (Read 2054 times)

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
Chauvet DJ 355z IRC won't follow blackout on Chamsys
« on: May 20, 2022, 09:38:30 PM »

I just got a new Chamsys Quick Q 20 console and my 355z IRC lights won't go to off at blackout. Am I missing something? I've read the manual and there is no mention of this. Thanks for your time..

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Chauvet DJ 355z IRC won't follow blackout on Chamsys
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 11:44:18 PM »

Hi Kemper, two thoughts on this one...

1) It's possible that the fixture profile is not 100% correct in the console.  This isn't uncommon and can result in unexpected behavior from the affected fixture type.  Take a look at the profile the console is using for the 355z and make sure it's completely in line with the DMX traits as defined in the fixture's manual.

2) It's also possible that something you have set somewhere is holding the intensity on the 355zs open.  The intensity (or dimmer) attribute of a moving light is typically handled as HTP versus LTP which you'd see for other attributes such as pan, tilt, color, etc.  Depending on how your programming is set up, it's possible that an active scene/cue/playback somewhere is overriding a different scene/cue/playback that's intended for blackout.  The discrete "blackout" command on the console should override all that, but per issue number 1 listed above a typo in the fixture profile being used can mean this console feature won't work as intended. 

Hope this helps!

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 06:41:26 AM »

Hi Kemper, two thoughts on this one...

1) It's possible that the fixture profile is not 100% correct in the console.  This isn't uncommon and can result in unexpected behavior from the affected fixture type.  Take a look at the profile the console is using for the 355z and make sure it's completely in line with the DMX traits as defined in the fixture's manual.

2) It's also possible that something you have set somewhere is holding the intensity on the 355zs open.  The intensity (or dimmer) attribute of a moving light is typically handled as HTP versus LTP which you'd see for other attributes such as pan, tilt, color, etc.  Depending on how your programming is set up, it's possible that an active scene/cue/playback somewhere is overriding a different scene/cue/playback that's intended for blackout.  The discrete "blackout" command on the console should override all that, but per issue number 1 listed above a typo in the fixture profile being used can mean this console feature won't work as intended. 

Hope this helps!

I have no scenes or cues set yet. You may be correct in the incomplete profile. It's not acting right but I attributed that to my not knowing the console. I love what the console does with the pars. The Chamsys is going to be a game changer there.. I'm going to get on Chamsys hot line today.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 08:41:55 AM »

I have no scenes or cues set yet. You may be correct in the incomplete profile. It's not acting right but I attributed that to my not knowing the console. I love what the console does with the pars. The Chamsys is going to be a game changer there.. I'm going to get on Chamsys hot line today.

Have you ticked the preference that "all unused channels return to default"?

Open the profile and see if the dimmer channel's default is 000.
Also look and make sure the dimmer channel is set to LTP.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 09:29:54 AM »

Have you ticked the preference that "all unused channels return to default"?

Open the profile and see if the dimmer channel's default is 000.
Also look and make sure the dimmer channel is set to LTP.

Where is this feature?. I can't find it on the mover. The blackout on the cheaper consoles made the lights go back to their starting position. 

Edit: I can now make the beam go off but the light stays in the same position.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 10:58:54 AM »

Where is this feature?. I can't find it on the mover. The blackout on the cheaper consoles made the lights go back to their starting position. 

Edit: I can now make the beam go off but the light stays in the same position.

The "return to defaults" is under Settings. I can't remember what tab. Maybe programmer tab?

Having the light go off and the position stay in place is the proper behaviour for a desk like this. This allows you to preposition the lights before you fade up the beam. You can also have an effect running and be able to fade or flash the light while the effect runs uninterrupted.

These things are the HTP and LTP behaviours. "Highest Takes Precedent" or "Latest Takes Precendent".

HTP is used for dimmer channels. You want the dimmer to respond to the highest amount of input at any time, so if you stack cues on top of each other, the one with the highest amount of output wins. They don't add to each other.

LTP is used for almost everything else. Positions, gobos, colors, etc. This means the light does the last command sent to that channel and won't change until a new command is sent to that channel. So if your first cue sets the light to red, but cues 2 through 100 don't have any color information in them, the light will stay red. This behaviour allows you to do a couple things. Say you have one cue stack saved for "Dim". This fades the lights on and off. Then you have a cue stack that steps through a bunch of positions. You hit go on this and it jumps to the next position and stays until you hit go again. Then another cue stack for colors. You now have two buttons and one fader that control positions and colors and on/off for your moving washes. Handy if you want to "busk" for a show.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Paul Johnson

• Currently - Lowestoft - UK
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 06:08:06 AM »

It does sound like the hed file has some weirdness in it - but they are editable of course. One thing to check is how you have set the system to 'release' a light. Pulling a fader down might put it out, but unless it releases the light, it's essentially waiting for you to put the fader up again. One common thing users don;t realise is that tapping the S buttons twice or three times quickly brings up extra menus, where you can set individual faders to release, or run or do other things.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022, 04:30:25 PM »

I wonder if the light is running in 9ch mode but 15ch mode on the console or vice versa.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022, 04:30:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.