Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Chauvet DJ 355z IRC won't follow blackout on Chamsys

(1/2) > >>

Kemper Watson:
I just got a new Chamsys Quick Q 20 console and my 355z IRC lights won't go to off at blackout. Am I missing something? I've read the manual and there is no mention of this. Thanks for your time..

Jeff Lelko:
Hi Kemper, two thoughts on this one...

1) It's possible that the fixture profile is not 100% correct in the console.  This isn't uncommon and can result in unexpected behavior from the affected fixture type.  Take a look at the profile the console is using for the 355z and make sure it's completely in line with the DMX traits as defined in the fixture's manual.

2) It's also possible that something you have set somewhere is holding the intensity on the 355zs open.  The intensity (or dimmer) attribute of a moving light is typically handled as HTP versus LTP which you'd see for other attributes such as pan, tilt, color, etc.  Depending on how your programming is set up, it's possible that an active scene/cue/playback somewhere is overriding a different scene/cue/playback that's intended for blackout.  The discrete "blackout" command on the console should override all that, but per issue number 1 listed above a typo in the fixture profile being used can mean this console feature won't work as intended. 

Hope this helps!

Kemper Watson:

--- Quote from: Jeff Lelko on May 20, 2022, 11:44:18 PM ---Hi Kemper, two thoughts on this one...

1) It's possible that the fixture profile is not 100% correct in the console.  This isn't uncommon and can result in unexpected behavior from the affected fixture type.  Take a look at the profile the console is using for the 355z and make sure it's completely in line with the DMX traits as defined in the fixture's manual.

2) It's also possible that something you have set somewhere is holding the intensity on the 355zs open.  The intensity (or dimmer) attribute of a moving light is typically handled as HTP versus LTP which you'd see for other attributes such as pan, tilt, color, etc.  Depending on how your programming is set up, it's possible that an active scene/cue/playback somewhere is overriding a different scene/cue/playback that's intended for blackout.  The discrete "blackout" command on the console should override all that, but per issue number 1 listed above a typo in the fixture profile being used can mean this console feature won't work as intended. 

Hope this helps!

--- End quote ---

I have no scenes or cues set yet. You may be correct in the incomplete profile. It's not acting right but I attributed that to my not knowing the console. I love what the console does with the pars. The Chamsys is going to be a game changer there.. I'm going to get on Chamsys hot line today.

Tim Weaver:

--- Quote from: Kemper Watson on May 21, 2022, 06:41:26 AM ---
I have no scenes or cues set yet. You may be correct in the incomplete profile. It's not acting right but I attributed that to my not knowing the console. I love what the console does with the pars. The Chamsys is going to be a game changer there.. I'm going to get on Chamsys hot line today.

--- End quote ---

Have you ticked the preference that "all unused channels return to default"?

Open the profile and see if the dimmer channel's default is 000.
Also look and make sure the dimmer channel is set to LTP.

Kemper Watson:

--- Quote from: Tim Weaver on May 22, 2022, 08:41:55 AM ---
Have you ticked the preference that "all unused channels return to default"?

Open the profile and see if the dimmer channel's default is 000.
Also look and make sure the dimmer channel is set to LTP.

--- End quote ---

Where is this feature?. I can't find it on the mover. The blackout on the cheaper consoles made the lights go back to their starting position. 

Edit: I can now make the beam go off but the light stays in the same position.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version