ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harman price increase  (Read 742 times)

John Fruits

Harman price increase
« on: May 20, 2022, 10:54:40 AM »

Frequent price increases are now commonplace I know.  Harman sent out new pricing a couple of weeks ago and NOW they have released yet another one effective June 1.  Rumor has it also applies to open orders and all lines.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: Harman price increase
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 12:27:50 PM »

Frequent price increases are now commonplace I know.  Harman sent out new pricing a couple of weeks ago and NOW they have released yet another one effective June 1.  Rumor has it also applies to open orders and all lines.

Every two months is the norm from the major players these days.   The open orders thing is a kick to the groin, but Harman isn't the only one doing it.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 06:00:42 PM »

It's rough when you can't quote either delivery time OR price on projects these days, but that's the reality of it.

I've had to amend my quotes saying that price is subject to change up until delivery of product.  Most customers are understanding at least.
Brian Jojade

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 06:00:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.