ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What cheap and not-toy keyboard for beginner?  (Read 2899 times)

Sebastian Gniazdowski

What cheap and not-toy keyboard for beginner?
« on: May 20, 2022, 08:02:36 AM »

I want to try to compose a song and I would like to do it on the keyboard / piano keyboard (and not through a tracker - this is the only way I know from the Amiga / Protracker times) and I only have 100 USD. What equipment should I use? It should cooperate with the computer, which means MIDI interface, am I thinking correctly? Maybe USB has replaced MIDI today? Overall, I would not like to crash into a toy for children, but I would also not like a clear MIDI / USB keyboard-only device, because I think some goodies/features (some faders etc.) can help stimulate creativity.

PS. I'm thinking of using Reaper DAW program.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber