ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Loudest Tops - 1 Person Load In  (Read 11115 times)

Bob Stone

Re: Loudest Tops - 1 Person Load In
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2022, 05:32:29 PM »

The OP evidently does not share your view, considering he is buying the VS21 subs.

Says the guy who is a dealer for them...

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2022, 06:26:03 PM »

If you think that’s bad, try writing a purchase request for Big A$$ Fans!  They’re actually quite a good reputable brand though.
We put three of those in our brewery building. They are indeed aptly named!
..db

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2022, 09:35:44 PM »

I was thinking BASSBOSS or JTR.  But even the single 12” BASSBOSS box is around 80 lbs.  Maybe the full range Danley SM80M is the way to go.  It’s 20 pounds lighter.   OTOH DV12-MKII is self powered and goes significantly lower than SM80-M. 

JTR Noesis 212XT is appealing: stackable, similar output on paper (yes, I know), 65 pounds self powered.  LF limit is around 80Hz, though.  I would expect 2x12 in an enclosure that size to go lower. 

Sure would be great to be able to audition these loudspeakers.  Smaller manufacturers just don’t have the budget to get demo units in the field, and in BASSBOSS and JTR’s case, no distributor network.  Danley has a distributor network, it might be possible to audition SM80-M if your dealer and rep think you’re serious. 

BASSBOSS is at NAMM next month.  David always has some juicy tracks for listening. 

Choices, decisions.

It's been 15 years since Paul Bell put on his subwoofer shootout in NYC.  Danley, JTR, and David Lee's brand (BassMax?) were there.

Who's up for "48 hours of top boxes"?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2022, 09:09:39 AM »

https://www.hennesseysounddesign.com/point-source/

These are close....

Is this some local cab builder? Somebody needs to hire an editor for their marketing materials.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2022, 10:58:33 AM »

They sell fishing boats, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkYZ4wTBd8g

Modified from a Fire Sign Theater piece:  "There was something fishy about the bass* player, probably a Pisces, playing for scale."

*like the fish, not the pitch range.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2022, 11:40:09 AM »

Is this some local cab builder? Somebody needs to hire an editor for their marketing materials.
No idea, these guys just came up in the sound forums DIY thread as a company making a product that is pretty much a copy.  I have zero experience or knowledge about who these guys are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2022, 12:07:53 PM »

Says the guy who is a dealer for them...

No, actually in the original post he says he is looking for high output tops to run over the Bassboss VS21 subs he is buying.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2022, 08:03:53 PM »

No, actually in the original post he says he is looking for high output tops to run over the Bassboss VS21 subs he is buying.

Whats your budget?

If I had the budget... "my ultimate point source 1 man lift speaker system" would be the d&b V7P on top of a V-Sub with a D80 power amp.

I was in a similar situation this past winter needing to upgrade from my SRX812P... for my search, I was focusing on powered speakers and I had a decent budget to work with.  I ended up picking up 4x TTP4A tops.  I've only done 2-3 shows and haven't pushed the speakers into the limiters, but I have been very happy with the performance and had a guest engineer come through and he was very happy with sounds.  The RCF TT-4A speakers are very versatile... if I need "distance" I can column stack them, but if I need "width" I can set them up side by side.

The RCF TTL6A box is do-able, but not a favorite/easy box to pick up at 117lbs.

I did look at some RCF HDL boxes and with the same budget, I was talked out of it by a few well know members.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 08:20:27 PM by Matt Vivlamore »
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2022, 05:29:28 AM »

d&b V7P is about the same but you need a silly expensive amp.

But hey, the new D40 is only ~60% of the price of a D80, will drive V-Series to full output and you might be able to get one in Q1 2023.  ;)

That being said, we've recently purchased some V10P for similar, high-output applications, but we already own compatible amps so our cost of entry isn't as painful. Our Y10Ps have been an incredibly valuable asset.

I do like the idea of trying products within the BASSBOSS family if that's where you're headed.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 05:35:40 AM by Steve Eudaly »

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2022, 08:40:44 AM »

You can't go wrong with a pair of Danley SM80 or SM80m for single box on a stand use. 

And a point about the 100-200hz response area-sound engineers for years have a saying, "Death to 100hz".  That range is always a nuisance anyway, due to mic proximity effect and/or room acoustics. 

You will be surprised at what you can do with a pair, and they weigh 62lbs, have many built in handles, and have better directivity than most everything else that size.

Up on stands with Dave G's Speaker Tilters, they are a great setup-just bring enough subs. ;>)

Best regards,

John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2022, 08:40:44 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.