ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless mic interference  (Read 1664 times)

Mathew Doust

Wireless mic interference
« on: May 15, 2022, 05:55:21 AM »

Hi all,
I am having an issue with interference caused to a Sennheiser G3 wireless beltpack/lapel during a Sunday service.
Strangely, it only seems to happen during the sermon and to the lapel mic, about 15-20 minutes in.
At that point the wireless beltpack/lapel starts to experience interference/dropouts. It's sounds similar to if you walk out of range of the antennas. It doesn't happen every single week, but enough to cause annoyance.
The room only seats 150-200 people. The pastor only moves about the stage in a very limited area.
There are only two wireless mics in the system, one handheld and one beltpack/lapel. They go via an external antenna distribution system. The distribution system is only a few years old, the G3 receiver and transmitter a quite a bit older.
No mobile phone towers or wireless routers nearby, no lighting equipment being used. I can't work out if there is some other spontaneous RF that appears suddenly, or if there is an issue with the G3 system.
Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber