Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

tube amps odd maintenance..or?

(1/3) > >>

RaySoly:
 Not sure where to post this but,

My neighbour, who is a guitarist (not jazz ) has just warned us to expect loud noise next week because he needs to "rinse" his tube amps to "open them up" a bit". I've never heard of that...Any credence to this ?

Ray

Art Welter:

--- Quote from: raymondsoly on May 07, 2022, 05:26:24 PM --- Not sure where to post this but,

My neighbour, who is a guitarist (not jazz ) has just warned us to expect loud noise next week because he needs to "rinse" his tube amps to "open them up" a bit". I've never heard of that...Any credence to this ?

Ray

--- End quote ---
Let him "age" his tubes, but ask him to do the rinsing with the amp's speakers in a closet under a load of laundry  :D.

RaySoly:

--- Quote from: Art Welter on May 07, 2022, 08:14:42 PM ---Let him "age" his tubes, but ask him to do the rinsing with the amp's speakers in a closet under a load of laundry  :D.

--- End quote ---

;)...
I told him I had a few tubers from the 60s .and never had any issues whereby I had to "really drive "the amps ,..

he replied :

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: raymondsoly on May 07, 2022, 08:26:53 PM ---

;)...
I told him I had a few tubers from the 60s .and never had any issues whereby I had to "really drive "the amps ,..

he replied :

--- End quote ---

I have some warm tones to sell him... ;)

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: raymondsoly on May 07, 2022, 08:26:53 PM ---

;)...

he replied :

--- End quote ---

That thar's some really strong kool-aid....
Muff time....
Chris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version