Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Rant - Guitar Center won't accept used wireless systems

(1/2) > >>

Thomas Le:
Tried to sell off old but legal frequency stock of Shure SLX (H5, G4 & G5) and two digital 2.4 GHz systems today at Guitar Center / Banjo Mart today. Guess their higher up corporate office just outright banned accepting used wireless systems out of being burnt on receiving illegal frequency lots? I would think they would at least take the digital systems... On the other hand I was lucky to offload GEQ's.

Craig Hauber:

--- Quote from: Thomas Le on May 06, 2022, 11:11:58 PM ---Tried to sell off old but legal frequency stock of Shure SLX (H5, G4 & G5) and two digital 2.4 GHz systems today at Guitar Center / Banjo Mart today. Guess their higher up corporate office just outright banned accepting used wireless systems out of being burnt on receiving illegal frequency lots? I would think they would at least take the digital systems... On the other hand I was lucky to offload GEQ's.

--- End quote ---
Post on the marketplace here? -It might help out some fellow LABsters.
-But there's also Reverb & Ebay of course

Scott Helmke:
Nontrivial to test properly, and the spectre of complaints from people who don't know how to use wireless.

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Thomas Le on May 06, 2022, 11:11:58 PM --- corporate office just outright banned accepting used wireless systems out of being burnt on receiving illegal frequency lots?

--- End quote ---

It's not like the ban on certain freq bands was kept a secret ...... so GC staff were not informed/didn't know of the systems deemed illegal so bought them anyway and now GC policy is to not buy ANY wireless systems - legal or not? Wow...

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on May 07, 2022, 06:10:51 PM ---It's not like the ban on certain freq bands was kept a secret ...... so GC staff were not informed/didn't know of the systems deemed illegal so bought them anyway and now GC policy is to not buy ANY wireless systems - legal or not? Wow...

--- End quote ---
As long as yer getting screwed, their policy is like condoms. Once you've opened the package................
 ;D
CHris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version