Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Equipment broker experiences?

(1/2) > >>

Riley Casey:
Does anyone have good, bad or other experiences with Jan Landy or have recommendations for any other equipment brokers for selling largish packages of speakers & amps?

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Riley Casey on May 02, 2022, 08:28:51 AM ---Does anyone have good, bad or other experiences with Jan Landy or have recommendations for any other equipment brokers for selling largish packages of speakers & amps?

--- End quote ---

We've purchased through Soundbroker several times but have not used Jan to sell anything for us (so far).  We've been pleased with the service he provides.  We purchased a large frame analog monitor console that had some issues upon delivery.  Jan interceded with the seller to make the desk 100% (they paid a local tech to fix the problems) and when we were happy, paid the seller.

Our other purchases arrived as represented and were flawless.  Others may have a different experience but Jan has taken good care of us.

Guillermo Sanchez:

--- Quote from: Riley Casey on May 02, 2022, 08:28:51 AM ---Does anyone have good, bad or other experiences with Jan Landy or have recommendations for any other equipment brokers for selling largish packages of speakers & amps?

--- End quote ---

I had tremendously positives experiences with Jan Landy over the the past 20 years I had done business with him, both as a buyer and a seller. He really insures fairness and takes good care of you. I recommend him a 100% without any reserve.

John Schalk:
I bought a pair of 12" speakers from GearSource 3 years ago.  The sale included two yokes and the seller had boxed everything up very carefully, including putting it on a pallet for shipping.  The first quote they sent me included the cost to deliver the 114lb pallet to my house, but I worked with them to have it held at a truck terminal about 30 minutes away to save some money.  They were easy to work with via email and I would buy from them again.  As far as selling gear is concerned, I have done it all myself so far.

Have you heard of ChurchGear?  They are located in Franklin, TN and their business is buying up old equipment in bulk when churches upgrade and then listing the items for sale.  I suspect that their business model includes paying pennies on the dollar for the old gear, but depending on what you are wanting to unload, they could be an option.

Brian Jojade:

--- Quote from: John Schalk on May 02, 2022, 10:05:19 AM --- I suspect that their business model includes paying pennies on the dollar for the old gear, but depending on what you are wanting to unload, they could be an option.

--- End quote ---

It comes down to how fast you want to unload stuff, and how small of chunks you want to break it into to sell.

For places just unloading everything, yeah, if you look at the value of each line item, you're getting next to nothing for it.  But certain items are hard to sell fast and end up sitting in a warehouse for an unknown period of time. The brokers know the products well enough to know what the need to offer to make money in the process.  There's a lot of time and effort needed to move used gear. It's more expensive than moving new gear without question!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version