ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cable covers  (Read 4168 times)

Gus Housen

Cable covers
« on: April 05, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »

I have approval from non-profit  I am a board member for to buy 30 ft of cable covers. Typical use will be for 6/4 cable for Spider boxes Yellow jacket seams to be the most inexpensive @ around $125 per 3 ft unit.
Is there any reason not to buy it ? or buy a different brand?

Seiyua Tang

Re: Cable covers
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »

I use a brand called Guard Dog, they are almost identical to yellowjackets.  You could get them from a company called tour supply.

Seiyua Tang

Scott LaRochelle

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »

I use a brand called Guard Dog, they are almost identical to yellowjackets.  You could get them from a company called tour supply.

Seiyua Tang

You can actually call them direct.  I have paid cheaper than $125 per.  No problems with them.  They seem to fit together better than the yellow jacket.  They also mate with the yellow jacket.

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
    • Bennett Prescott Dot Com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:41:51 PM »

IIRC the only issue is they do not have the same load capacity. Fine for foot traffic and vehicles, probably not fine for forklifts. Perhaps the ones I have thrown around are a lighter duty version, they were certainly less than the Yellow Jacket protectors, as I see they make a heavy duty protector as well.
-- Bennett Prescott
Sales & Operations Director
B&C Speakers NA
Cell: +1 (518) 488-7190

Scott LaRochelle

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:50:05 PM »

IIRC the only issue is they do not have the same load capacity. Fine for foot traffic and vehicles, probably not fine for forklifts. Perhaps the ones I have thrown around are a lighter duty version, they were certainly less than the Yellow Jacket protectors, as I see they make a heavy duty protector as well.

You are right.  The Guard Dog is more like the Bumble Bee that Yellow Jacket makes.  Last year our 25' truck and a fork both crossed it and it was fine.  Scary, but fine...

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 12:00:28 PM »

I have approval from non-profit  I am a board member for to buy 30 ft of cable covers. Typical use will be for 6/4 cable for Spider boxes Yellow jacket seams to be the most inexpensive @ around $125 per 3 ft unit.
Is there any reason not to buy it ? or buy a different brand?

We use the Guard Dogs as we're not typically dealing with forklift and semi traffic.  Call Checkers Industrial directly.  The website is exactly what you would expect...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 12:00:28 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.