Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Water-based fluid in an Oil-based hazer?

(1/1)

Noah D Mitchell:
Hello all,

I seem to remember reading somewhere here in the deep dark past that you could get away with using water-based fluids in an oil-based hazer.

It there any truth to that? Urban myth or wishful thinking?

The hazer in question is a little Antari HZ100.

Thank you!

Steve-White:
I would contact Antari technical support for a start.  It may or may not cause problems, corrosion of internal parts or a different boiling point in the material may be a problem.

Noah D Mitchell:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on April 21, 2022, 08:12:46 AM ---I would contact Antari technical support for a start.  It may or may not cause problems, corrosion of internal parts or a different boiling point in the material may be a problem.

--- End quote ---

Good thinking. I've contacted Antari, I'll update here if/when they respond.

Steve-White:

--- Quote from: John Hiemburg on April 22, 2022, 03:34:56 AM ---
Good thinking. I've contacted Antari, I'll update here if/when they respond.

--- End quote ---

Be sure and put the filter on their response - if they recommend only "Antari" fluid it could be simple economics that drives their response.  But still, that's a good place to start, then fish around a little.  Sometimes, it comes down to doing a little testing.  :)

I have an Antair Z-350 and a bottle of Antari FLG solution which is water based.  Antari claims it will work in most machines, so will other brands of water based solution work as well?

Probably.

https://antari.com/products2/flg-light-fog-fluid/ 

Paul Johnson:
Remember that sometimes, fluids are indeed special - Use the wrong one and the heater block can be wrecked, and for some, this really means a new hazer. Most use pretty similar fluids, but as nobody EVER tells you exactly what is in theirs, you need to be brave to risk unknown liquid of the possibly wrong type wrecking things. I've had two hazers ruined by the wrong fluid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version