Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Which fuse?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on April 17, 2022, 09:24:22 PM ---
Slow blow fuses look like a foil filament.  The slowblow are thicker and look like a wire wound around wire.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Scott!!

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Steve-White on April 17, 2022, 06:24:16 PM ---Some electrical devices, motors in particular will draw more current when voltage conditions are low.  A sensing power supply in modern electronics would likely do the same thing.  To produce the nominal output, with less voltage available there would certainly be more current draw.

So, marginal power source with higher than normal demand and things start going into overload.

Fortunately, the fuses let go before damage occurred.  A motor under the right power conditions can to into melt-down.  I would venture to guess a switching/sensing power supply could do much the same.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info Steve.

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on April 17, 2022, 07:30:35 PM ---I had a show where the keys and my UI24 kept cutting out because the voltage dropped to 70!
200' of extension cord and several loud amps and speakers were to blame.

--- End quote ---

:(

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on April 17, 2022, 09:52:50 PM --- :(

--- End quote ---

Only show Debbie and I did together some big idiot (me) left the generator in economy mode (Honda Inverter Model).  The Powersoft amps just took it with stride but we had a lot more in reserve according to Debbie.  That was one of the last shows that I did before the Pandemic shut us down.  St. Pat's day I had flown straight from a cruise gig up to North Carolina to help Debbie and check out the new Danley's.  The let us role, and by the last set the fire department was there to observe our curfew.  I believe we were the last show in town. 

Coming home with all the airport shops closed, Club was still open but there was a 4 seat buffer square.  I didn't fly for 2 years after that either. 

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on April 17, 2022, 11:34:31 PM ---
Only show Debbie and I did together some big idiot (me) left the generator in economy mode (Honda Inverter Model).  The Powersoft amps just took it with stride but we had a lot more in reserve according to Debbie.  That was one of the last shows that I did before the Pandemic shut us down.  St. Pat's day I had flown straight from a cruise gig up to North Carolina to help Debbie and check out the new Danley's.  The let us role, and by the last set the fire department was there to observe our curfew.  I believe we were the last show in town. 

Coming home with all the airport shops closed, Club was still open but there was a 4 seat buffer square.  I didn't fly for 2 years after that either.

--- End quote ---

That feels so long ago now and another world away Scott. What a crazy 2 years this has been....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version