ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which fuse?  (Read 1207 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Which fuse?
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2022, 11:03:32 AM »

Thank you, how to you case it up?  That's a nice light rig.  You've used them for a while?
I have a small inexpensive padded bag I use for it.

The lights are working out very well and look great. Did you catch a video?
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2022, 11:04:10 AM »

And:
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2022, 01:38:48 PM »

Did I catch a video?  Probably, seems like I did and it looked good.  Post one up and I'll have a look please.

Jeff makes a valid point.  The voltage wouldn't be as bad at the output as they have voltage leveling via the output is actually an auto-former and the device does a simple buck/boost function.  88 VAC in would probably net 95-100V out, depending upon the amount of "leveling" the unit can provide.  Simply stated, a $159 UPS doesn't perform like a $2000 UPS.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2022, 01:50:41 PM »

Did I catch a video?  Probably, seems like I did and it looked good.  Post one up and I'll have a look please.

Jeff makes a valid point.  The voltage wouldn't be as bad at the output as they have voltage leveling via the output is actually an auto-former and the device does a simple buck/boost function.  88 VAC in would probably net 95-100V out, depending upon the amount of "leveling" the unit can provide.  Simply stated, a $159 UPS doesn't perform like a $2000 UPS.

It has actually saved my UNoWhat a few times though - if power goes off for whatever reason, it gives me time to power everything down properly. Plus it provides Pure Sine Wave - These are the 2 reasons I bought it. It can also tell me when there is faulty wiring - so it is helpful to me in many ways.
If you are looking for something more then - yes, you'll pay a lot more but I am not in the market for that.
Not sure how to post  video..... If you check out FB - Redline Band NC..... you'll catch some glimpses of what I have. It's never the same - I mix it up a bit....Sometimes I use the truss and sometimes I just rely on tripods (sometimes only one tripod) - depends on space and set-up time.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2022, 03:39:30 PM »

So an interesting observation here...  Per the literature of the CyberPower Unit you mention I see it can tolerate an input voltage of 88 VAC 144 VAC.  Being a line-interactive unit, I interpret this as the UPS not kicking in until the line voltage drops below 88 VAC.  This would mean voltage as low as 88 VAC getting to your equipment which I can't believe would make it happy.  This is one of the reasons I use an online double-conversion UPS - while most here would say it's overkill I know among other things that I'll be getting a clean and consistent 120v to my consoles and critical FOH regardless of what the venue power is doing.

From the spec sheet: The CP1000PFCLCD uses Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) to correct minor power fluctuations without switching to battery power, which extends battery life. AVR is essential in areas where power fluctuations occur frequently. The CP1000PFCLCD comes with a three-year warranty (including coverage of batteries) and a $350,000 Connected Equipment Guarantee.

Line interactive units can have autotransformers inside that regulate the voltage before switching over to the inverter.  More efficient and less expensive than a dual conversion UPS.
Brian Jojade

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2022, 06:59:02 PM »

From the spec sheet: The CP1000PFCLCD uses Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) to correct minor power fluctuations without switching to battery power, which extends battery life.

That's interesting for sure.  Naturally I'm curious now to bench test one to see how low the sustained voltage can drop before either the battery kicks in or the output becomes unusable.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2022, 11:57:46 PM »

That's interesting for sure.  Naturally I'm curious now to bench test one to see how low the sustained voltage can drop before either the battery kicks in or the output becomes unusable.

In a rig from the low end class it wouldn't be much, but would help some.  I run 2200 & 3000 APC's at home on electronics and they do pretty well in that regard, but have never tested them.  I have a good sized 125V variac, maybe someday I'll test them out just for fun.

What make/model UPS are you using for your FOH setup?

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2022, 05:32:13 PM »

What make/model UPS are you using for your FOH setup?

It's an Eaton 9130 in the rackmount 1000VA configuration (Part No. PW9130L1000R-XL2U).  I've had this for the past 5 or 6 years now without any hiccups.  The product line now looks to be discontinued however I'm sure there are plenty of other reasonable alternatives out there!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2022, 05:32:13 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.