ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Operator System Details and Rationale  (Read 17170 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Small Operator System Details and Rationale
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2024, 05:25:15 PM »

Some crazy guy called me 3 months ago.  "Willy we are getting the band back together"  This is what I could find on the school bus. And in my garage.

It ALL fits in a minivan even with mic stands.

I did not charge anything. But I got an equal cut! (free pop)  I am 73 so about 50 years since we played together.  Job was in April, its May and the van is still full.
lol well doesn’t sound like you are ready to hit the road!

I was going to bitch for doing a gig for free but it was a one off.  Keeping the value of the sound tech up is a mission here.

73 is 13 years away for me and I wonder if I will still be gigging.  Luckily I don’t have to schlep gear around anymore.  I work for one band that occasionally play a club date but there are 10 of them so we still have a stage hand.

The rest of the time my gigs are fully crewed so I just sit back and watch my team do its thing until I have to pin the stage and get ready for soundcheck. 

Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Willy Traver

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2024, 06:35:16 PM »

lol well doesn’t sound like you are ready to hit the road!

I was going to bitch for doing a gig for free but it was a one off.  Keeping the value of the sound tech up is a mission here.

73 is 13 years away for me and I wonder if I will still be gigging.  Luckily I don’t have to schlep gear around anymore.  I work for one band that occasionally play a club date but there are 10 of them so we still have a stage hand.

The rest of the time my gigs are fully crewed so I just sit back and watch my team do its thing until I have to pin the stage and get ready for soundcheck. 

Take care

My next job will be another donation for a nonprofit on Worldwide Day of Play.  Just playback with the EMX7 and the 2 S15IVs. A ways off but that system fits in the trunk of an Acura.

My daughter learned some spectacular dance moves with this group. Payback time.  ;D

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2024, 10:04:21 PM »

My next job will be another donation for a nonprofit on Worldwide Day of Play.  Just playback with the EMX7 and the 2 S15IVs. A ways off but that system fits in the trunk of an Acura.

My daughter learned some spectacular dance moves with this group. Payback time.  ;D
Folks can say what they will about the Yammy Club series... but like most everything Yamaha, it just lasts.  A local venue opened with the 12" monitor wedges for the front line.  They survived a year of local, regional, and national acts that didn't read the tech pack carefully...  They have nicer wedges now but still have the Clubs for their catering dept.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2024, 03:23:53 AM »

Folks can say what they will about the Yammy Club series... but like most everything Yamaha, it just lasts.  A local venue opened with the 12" monitor wedges for the front line.  They survived a year of local, regional, and national acts that didn't read the tech pack carefully...  They have nicer wedges now but still have the Clubs for their catering dept.
They do last forever.  I have replaced,
After almost a decade, all my QAC with Yamaha

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Thomas Le

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2024, 03:04:54 PM »

I'm sure I've said this before, but the church I volunteer at has a full Yamaha Club SM15IV monitor system retrofitted with speakons as well as a F15/F28 system along with MA2400/MA3600VZ. Still works to this day.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2024, 03:04:54 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 24 queries.