Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Small Operator System Details and Rationale

<< < (13/13)

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Willy Traver on May 02, 2024, 02:40:52 PM ---Some crazy guy called me 3 months ago.  "Willy we are getting the band back together"  This is what I could find on the school bus. And in my garage.

It ALL fits in a minivan even with mic stands.

I did not charge anything. But I got an equal cut! (free pop)  I am 73 so about 50 years since we played together.  Job was in April, its May and the van is still full.

--- End quote ---
lol well doesnít sound like you are ready to hit the road!

I was going to bitch for doing a gig for free but it was a one off.  Keeping the value of the sound tech up is a mission here.

73 is 13 years away for me and I wonder if I will still be gigging.  Luckily I donít have to schlep gear around anymore.  I work for one band that occasionally play a club date but there are 10 of them so we still have a stage hand.

The rest of the time my gigs are fully crewed so I just sit back and watch my team do its thing until I have to pin the stage and get ready for soundcheck. 

Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willy Traver:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on May 02, 2024, 05:25:15 PM ---lol well doesnít sound like you are ready to hit the road!

I was going to bitch for doing a gig for free but it was a one off.  Keeping the value of the sound tech up is a mission here.

73 is 13 years away for me and I wonder if I will still be gigging.  Luckily I donít have to schlep gear around anymore.  I work for one band that occasionally play a club date but there are 10 of them so we still have a stage hand.

The rest of the time my gigs are fully crewed so I just sit back and watch my team do its thing until I have to pin the stage and get ready for soundcheck. 

Take care

--- End quote ---

My next job will be another donation for a nonprofit on Worldwide Day of Play.  Just playback with the EMX7 and the 2 S15IVs. A ways off but that system fits in the trunk of an Acura.

My daughter learned some spectacular dance moves with this group. Payback time.  ;D

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Willy Traver on May 02, 2024, 06:35:16 PM ---
My next job will be another donation for a nonprofit on Worldwide Day of Play.  Just playback with the EMX7 and the 2 S15IVs. A ways off but that system fits in the trunk of an Acura.

My daughter learned some spectacular dance moves with this group. Payback time.  ;D

--- End quote ---
Folks can say what they will about the Yammy Club series... but like most everything Yamaha, it just lasts.  A local venue opened with the 12" monitor wedges for the front line.  They survived a year of local, regional, and national acts that didn't read the tech pack carefully...  They have nicer wedges now but still have the Clubs for their catering dept.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on May 02, 2024, 10:04:21 PM ---Folks can say what they will about the Yammy Club series... but like most everything Yamaha, it just lasts.  A local venue opened with the 12" monitor wedges for the front line.  They survived a year of local, regional, and national acts that didn't read the tech pack carefully...  They have nicer wedges now but still have the Clubs for their catering dept.

--- End quote ---
They do last forever.  I have replaced,
After almost a decade, all my QAC with Yamaha

Thomas Le:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on May 02, 2024, 10:04:21 PM ---Folks can say what they will about the Yammy Club series... but like most everything Yamaha, it just lasts.  A local venue opened with the 12" monitor wedges for the front line.  They survived a year of local, regional, and national acts that didn't read the tech pack carefully...  They have nicer wedges now but still have the Clubs for their catering dept.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure I've said this before, but the church I volunteer at has a full Yamaha Club SM15IV monitor system retrofitted with speakons as well as a F15/F28 system along with MA2400/MA3600VZ. Still works to this day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version