ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vocal microphones  (Read 107624 times)

Roland Clarke

Re: Vocal microphones
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2022, 02:13:13 PM »

I love going back to old threads.  Some interesting things on this one.  Iím a Shure guy, I can always make them work.  58ís and Beta 58ís, absolutely my go to choices.  I like the DPA mics, but they are slightly thinner in the bass than I would like, possibly the best top end Iíve heard.  SM86, donít we all like those?  I like the Sennheiser 865 not mentioned here, but find I dislike the rest of the current range, 835, 945, not for me.  OM 7, screamingly feedback resistant, but the just donít sound great to me ears.  KSM9 has a great balance, quality mic and sounds it.  I like the KSM 104 and 105, but they need the right vocalist and gig.  Iím really looking forward to getting my mits on a ksm 11.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2022, 03:05:23 PM »

I love going back to old threads.  Some interesting things on this one.  Iím a Shure guy, I can always make them work.  58ís and Beta 58ís, absolutely my go to choices.  I like the DPA mics, but they are slightly thinner in the bass than I would like, possibly the best top end Iíve heard.  SM86, donít we all like those?  I like the Sennheiser 865 not mentioned here, but find I dislike the rest of the current range, 835, 945, not for me.  OM 7, screamingly feedback resistant, but the just donít sound great to me ears.  KSM9 has a great balance, quality mic and sounds it.  I like the KSM 104 and 105, but they need the right vocalist and gig.  Iím really looking forward to getting my mits on a ksm 11.

Andy Broughton put me on to the KSM8, which I like for vocals. My go to is still the 935, which I think is great with no EQ.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Thomas Le

« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2022, 05:02:58 PM »

Ye old thread. I'm also a Shure house, I really don't like the "sennheiser sound" though it is because I use the 835 on a EW100 G3. Sunday livestreams I am still using the same SM58 and Beta 58A, though I am gravitating towards the B58a more because of the hotter output, can't do much for timid singers... If I had money, I'd put them all on KSM9's lol but I can get by with SM86's.

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #182 on: November 21, 2022, 05:02:58 PM ¬Ľ

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.