ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DJ Speakers… What to buy….. What to buy?  (Read 2266 times)

Ryan Chin

DJ Speakers… What to buy….. What to buy?
« on: March 28, 2022, 10:25:19 PM »

Hello everyone, just looking for some info from the community on some DJ speakers for some of my rigs. A few years ago I helped a friend with a buy in and picked up 4prs of 12” Rockville powered tops and 6 15” powered subs. For the past few years i have been sending these out with my DJ’s for mobile rigs for small to mid size events. (150-250people), school dances and some outdoor events. The although they are no JBL or EV systems, they have performed well over the years. The sound is rather…… HARSH until you eq them down…. The highs are so sharp they’ll make your ears bleed if you’re not careful. :P  But like i said, they did their job and have not failed or blown up once with Reasonable use and running them hard. Like i said, i am pretty impressed by them being a budget set up.

At this time I am looking to “upgrade” the speaker fleet and get a few new rigs as i sell off the Rockville sets. I have been looking at some entry and mid level stuff again… budget in mind. Does anyone here have any input on how the ALTO TS312 tops are?  I would match them with the 15” subs.

Another question I have is since i have been running 12” tops with a 15”” sub/bin and i am looking to upgrade the fleet, should I migrate to 15” tops and pick up a few 18” subs/bins?

The brands i have been looking at are the ALTO TS series or Harbinger’s with Matching subs. I am leaning more towards the ALTO line since the subs have settings to match the tops and optimize sound.

Anyway, what do you all have to say, or recommend? Looking to stay around $250-$300 per top and around $500-$700 for the sub.

Any recommendations or info is appreciated!!

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: DJ Speakers… What to buy….. What to buy?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 11:32:35 PM »

Hello everyone, just looking for some info from the community on some DJ speakers for some of my rigs. A few years ago I helped a friend with a buy in and picked up 4prs of 12” Rockville powered tops and 6 15” powered subs. For the past few years i have been sending these out with my DJ’s for mobile rigs for small to mid size events. (150-250people), school dances and some outdoor events. The although they are no JBL or EV systems, they have performed well over the years. The sound is rather…… HARSH until you eq them down…. The highs are so sharp they’ll make your ears bleed if you’re not careful. :P  But like i said, they did their job and have not failed or blown up once with Reasonable use and running them hard. Like i said, i am pretty impressed by them being a budget set up.

At this time I am looking to “upgrade” the speaker fleet and get a few new rigs as i sell off the Rockville sets. I have been looking at some entry and mid level stuff again… budget in mind. Does anyone here have any input on how the ALTO TS312 tops are?  I would match them with the 15” subs.

Another question I have is since i have been running 12” tops with a 15”” sub/bin and i am looking to upgrade the fleet, should I migrate to 15” tops and pick up a few 18” subs/bins?

The brands i have been looking at are the ALTO TS series or Harbinger’s with Matching subs. I am leaning more towards the ALTO line since the subs have settings to match the tops and optimize sound.

Anyway, what do you all have to say, or recommend? Looking to stay around $250-$300 per top and around $500-$700 for the sub.

Any recommendations or info is appreciated!!

It’s pretty hard to go wrong wrong with Yamaha nowadays. The question is which?  I have not used but there is plenty of Yamaha knowledge here.  Don’t discount the warranty.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: DJ Speakers… What to buy….. What to buy?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 11:32:35 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 24 queries.