Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

WSG Bridge alternative?

(1/1)

Grant Biebrick:
Howdy,

Perhaps not quite a quick question.  The Waves SoundBridge for Dante continues to have some pretty long leadtimes.  Is there a workable alternative to using that Hear box for doing that SoundGrid to Dante (and back) conversion? 

ie:  would running a dual-NIC computer with the respective ASIO drivers (SoundGrid and Dante Virtual Soundcard) allow for cross-connect?

Dave Garoutte:

--- Quote from: CanuckAudio on March 14, 2022, 01:57:35 PM ---Howdy,

Perhaps not quite a quick question.  The Waves SoundBridge for Dante continues to have some pretty long leadtimes.  Is there a workable alternative to using that Hear box for doing that SoundGrid to Dante (and back) conversion? 

ie:  would running a dual-NIC computer with the respective ASIO drivers (SoundGrid and Dante Virtual Soundcard) allow for cross-connect?

--- End quote ---
Please change to your real name per the forum rules.  No one will respond until then.

Robert Lofgren:
While awaiting the wsg-card for my Wing I use two x32-rack as a 32ch bridge (or one x32-rack and one Wing) between SG and Dante. You are limited to 44k/48k though.


--- Quote from: Dave Garoutte on March 14, 2022, 02:33:23 PM ---Please change to your real name per the forum rules.  No one will respond until then.

--- End quote ---

David Sturzenbecher:
Could use a Yamaha RSio64-D with anywhere between 1-4 WSG-Y16 V2 Cards.   Not a cheap solution by any stretch, but should get you what you need in a stand alone box.


https://usa.yamaha.com/products/proaudio/interfaces/rsio64-d/

https://www.waves.com/hardware/y16-card

Jon Dees:
Another similarly unaffordable solution is a Dante<>MADI and MADI<>WSG method. An RME Digiface Dante and DigiGrid MGB would accomplish this.


--- Quote from: David Sturzenbecher on March 17, 2022, 01:26:57 PM ---Could use a Yamaha RSio64-D with anywhere between 1-4 WSG-Y16 V2 Cards.   Not a cheap solution by any stretch, but should get you what you need in a stand alone box.


https://usa.yamaha.com/products/proaudio/interfaces/rsio64-d/

https://www.waves.com/hardware/y16-card

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version