ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Showco Prism  (Read 8883 times)

Guillermo Sanchez

Re: Showco Prism
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2022, 10:24:59 AM »

I heard it at Busch Stadium in 1989 for The Who and I was shocked at how good it was.  I wasn’t in the business at the time.  The bass solos on My Generation were so present and so clear, the whole thing was just stunning. 

Side note: I was in their unassuming Dallas shop and was shown a dbx compressor with the comment “that right there will drive every amp rack we own”.

I heard it with Phil Collins at the Miami Arena in 1993 if I remember correctly. I was so impressed I started to look for info on it. One employee of a loudspeaker system manufacturer told me at the time that the boxes were not the same and sent me a picture they had at their headquarters of it. Apparently they studied the Prism for years.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2022, 08:13:14 AM »

https://www.paoftheday.com/showco-prism-sound-system/
In the early 90's, I saw Phil Collins in Kansas City at the Sandstone amphitheater.  Showco was the provider.  To this date, it is still one of the best "sounding" sound systems I've ever heard.  From what I recall, it was powered by all Crown Macrotech (looked like a good amount of the 5000 series). 

Guillermo Sanchez

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2022, 10:34:38 AM »

In the early 90's, I saw Phil Collins in Kansas City at the Sandstone amphitheater.  Showco was the provider.  To this date, it is still one of the best "sounding" sound systems I've ever heard.  From what I recall, it was powered by all Crown Macrotech (looked like a good amount of the 5000 series).

From what I remember from time working for Crown, there were a lot of bridged MA 2400 and MA 1200 powering that rig. No doubt they must had upgraded to 5000VZ at some point.

Doug Hammel

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2022, 11:24:03 AM »

From what I remember from time working for Crown, there were a lot of bridged MA 2400 and MA 1200 powering that rig. No doubt they must had upgraded to 5000VZ at some point.
There were either 1200 or 2400 on the highs and the old PSA-2 amps on the mids and lows. Around the fall of '95 i think they started switching all of the PSA-2 to MA-3600 and all new racks. Each rack did two columns instead of just one.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2022, 04:48:13 PM »

I did a private show in about 2010 that Willy Nelson played and they brought their own production. It was a 4 wide Prism rig hung 4 high in a hotel ballroom. That was the last gig I've seen a Prism rig on, and before that would have been maybe 98 or 99 with Green Day.

I have seen guys working under a blanket to replace diaphragms! lol.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2022, 05:23:09 PM »

I also worked with Willy around that time probably with the same four box/side rig, but this time the rig was ground stacked.  Wonderful show with good sound mixed on a Harrison console.  I complimented the engineer on the fine mix and he said: "It's not me, it's the band".  Well part of was him.  I didn't get his name.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2022, 05:23:09 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.